What is required to rent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar

Having never done this before, can anyone give us some advice on what is needed to rent our property, I have been told that we would need some kind of insurance, incase the 'occupant' hurt themselves and tried to claim from our insurance, we are planning to try to rent our property in the future but we are not sure how to go about it or what we actually need to do.

thanks

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 2:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Elaine

I assume you will already have buildings & contents insurance if you already own your own place. That insurance will, or will not, cover you for renting out so you should ask. Ours does although we never let anyone use ours. Included in that you should have an amount for 3rd party liability. (300,000€ in our case which is the norm as far as I've made out from speaking with others) I think this is what you mean, is it ?

If you've not arranged insurance yet (& I don't know where you've bought or are buying as there's only Manchester as your location) you could contact the one we use which is http://www.easycover.net/  or the one we used last year which was a little more expensive http://www.saltsbay.com/  Both speak English, most are English. They'll put you right for certain.

Email    info@easycover.net          info@saltsbay.com      Both are in Torrevieja.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/23/2007.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 3:54 PM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar

Thanks for that, we have got contents insurance and so on, so I will check it out to see just what we are covered for, we were hoping to be able to just rent out to friends and family, or at least to people that were recommended to us, but things change and we could do with getting a little bit of income from the apartment, we took over last October, we love the place and we get over about 4 times a year, but a little bit of extra money would come in handy, so we are thinking about renting out, we will see what happens anyway, so thanks for the info, I appreciate it

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 4:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Server problems - 2 posts
Could someone outside of the UK check flights for me please? - 7 posts
arenal duquesa - 1 posts
Wanting to know about Costa Calida / South Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Mortgage or Cash - 9 posts
IT'S OFFICIAL! - 14 posts
irene montague - 8 posts
try again.....info on CB anyone????? - 12 posts
moving to Alicante/Rafal - 1 posts
Property Management wanted in Vera - 2 posts
Development discussions - 8 posts
HI im new ,help !!!!!!!!! - 4 posts
Im new ,need advice !!! - 8 posts
Looking for a Spanish Mortgage - 23 posts
Golden Retriever to Spain - 21 posts
Last 20 messages posted? - 2 posts
Congrats to Auntie Em 100th post - 31 posts
dream hills anybody there - 6 posts
Recommended by member JC1 ( Good Shout ) - 2 posts
Power of Attorney - 7 posts
Costa Del sol - 30 posts
spiderbish - 2 posts
Anyone involved with Hacienda Guadalupe ? - 7 posts
la hague apostille - 16 posts
Performance Car Clubs / Driving Days ? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x