Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2013 10:18 AM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Good morning all.

Can you please help and assist..

We lived in Spain for 5 years returning to the UK in 2011. I speak fluent Spanish but when forming Businesses in Spain I felt it better to arrange this through an expert.

I want to Form and Register a New Business in Spain and I need a Company (Gestor?) to assist me with the various Government Offices in arranging the paperwork. My Company will also need to be registered for V.A.T. (I.V.A.).The Business will be run from the U.K. and, of course, we are non-residents in Spain.

Having previously lived in Spain I have a N.I.E. No., my old Bank will open Bank Accounts (Euro and £Sterloing) for us, I have Virtual Offices in Malaga and an Accountant that will look after the Accounts for me. I just need to form the Company and I have a name in mind already.

Does anybody know of a Company (English speaking) that can assist at a sensible price as I have been quoted around Euros 3,000 to process the various papers!! Considering you can set up a New Company in the UK for less that £50.00 the Euro quotes are astronomical.

Preferably I would like the Company that could help me to be in the Estepona area as this is where we lived. However, we are prepared to drive to another resort if worthwhile to me.

Thankyou in advance.

Ron

Like 0      
30 Apr 2013 11:05 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Well 3000 euros is a bit steep for the papers! Expect 700 euros. It's much more expensive here to set up a company, notaire fees, tax registry, civil registry fees etc If you don't have a name you must apply for that first then you can start the company registration. That will take a few weeks to be approved. However you will also need 3000 euros for the company share capital however once the copnay is set up you can take this out straight away, but it must be deposited before signing the papers in the notary.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
30 Apr 2013 12:29 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Do not be forced into paying the astronomical social security - about 260 euros per month.  Some accountants will tell you that you as the director have to pay this.  It is not the case.  You are not working in Spain. 

Like 0      
30 Apr 2013 1:25 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Estepona  is quite close to Gibraltar.  Have you thought about setting up a company in Gibraltar? A lot cheaper and a lot less hassle.  And much lower tax.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2013 1:29 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar
But unfortunately the company must have atleast one employee. So someone must pay the autonomo fee. Doesn't matter who but if you are the only partner(SLU) which I wouldn't recommend, you will have to pay it. In theory at least one partner should be resident in Spain, unless it is a SL Sucursal.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
30 Apr 2013 7:11 PM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

There is no reason why a UK LTD company cant transact business here in Spain. I have run a an S.L. here in Spain and would not recommend it to any one, the costs kill you and you have no benefits. Better to set up a UK company and invoice from Uk and pay taxes in UK you can also offset more buisness expenses in the UK than you can in Spain. 

Like 0      
02 May 2013 1:08 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Free legal guide on setting companies in Spain. A very soon coming Law on Enterpreneurship will be explained here once it is out!

http://www.costaluzlawyers.es/images/guides/company_setting_free_guide.pdf

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 May 2013 1:15 PM by Rondeau Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Thankyou all for your help and advice. Very much appreciated.

One more question. Can anybody recommend a competitively priced Company offering a Virtual Office in preferably Estepona or alternatively Malaga/Surrounding Area as one Company have quoted me Euros 60.00 per month for use of an address and a mailing service (stamp/reforwarding costs additional) but excluding a phone answering service for my Company. This seems very expensive by comparison to London U.K.

Thankyou again

Ron

Like 0      
02 May 2013 1:20 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Ron:

I have friends who has just started a company like that. If you want, I can give to you their contact details

Kindest,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HUMA NEDITERRANEO in Administration - 0 posts
2 + 3 Seater Sofa's For Sale - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
Old debts - 11 posts
Buying a car Spain or England - 9 posts
Lloyds/Sabadell - 33 posts
Mobile phones UK - 3 posts
car tax....to pay or not to pay - 5 posts
Malaga golf courses - 0 posts
Desperation and Insurance Fraud - 0 posts
DoYouSpain Car Hire - 3 posts
pool - 2 posts
Buying for the first time in Spain - 26 posts
police station address - NIE - 20 posts
Having a car in Spain for Hilidays - Is it a viable option - 4 posts
Warfrin in Spain - 12 posts
Why would anyone still want to move to Spain?(unless they are rich, with a good accountant) - 15 posts
burberry - 5 posts
non resident taxes - 0 posts
Tax allowances - 1 posts
AEAT Capital Gains Tax Demand - 22 posts
European legislation regarding energy efficiency - 3 posts
printing boarding cards etc. - 8 posts
Sky HD BOX - 4 posts
Jet2.com seat allocation - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x