Calahonda area restaurants -

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Been going to same area for a number of years now and always stick to the tried and tested ones we know, anyone got any other recommendations for a great evening meal?

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
12 Jul 2007 10:01 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Why not pop down to Cabopino Port to Alberts? Da Brunos Cabopino (land side) is worth a look although prices seem to have gone up a little at all of the da Bruno chain - El Oceano on the beach Riviera - head into Marbella to Beckits - some good chiringuitos on the beach in Marbella as well - Perla Blanca at Elviria beach - a lot depends on your budget and how far you want to travel of course - Pasta Cafe in N Andalucia - excellent value and some different dishes - they have one in Miramar Fuengirola and at La Cañada as well - will be a couple of them in the new commercial centre going up in Estepona - know the owner quite well so have to give him a plug!! Lots more oif you are prepared to drive a way - hmmm no booze so perhaps not!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 8:28 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Smilley

thought i'd read your recommendations somewhere before!!!!

Come on there must be a few other people in this area with recommendations or are your suggestions to eat out of Calahonda justified??

ian

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 9:52 PM by presidenta Star rating in Elviria. 4 posts Send private message

We (two girls 8 and 13 plus hubby) like the Feng Shong chinese on the main strip in Calahonda. It was recommended to us a couple of years ago by a previous lady captain of Santa Maria golf. We have tried a few others closer  to us in Elviria one in Riviera and one in La Cala, but always go back to that one. You can find it set back from the road just up from Bogarts. - which my friends highly recommend for Sunday Roast. When the same friends were visiting us last year we tried the all you can eat buffet on the beach side at Calahonda (you always find their flyers under your wiper at Lidl) -it was awful. Don't rate the chippy near the top of the hill and have tried the other chippy in El Zoco and didn't rate that much either - Peggoty's near Estepona definitley has the top vote (they are opening another in Nueva Andalucia soon) We have also tried and liked the TakeOut near Mercadona - they do Indian, Pizza and Baguettes. Apart from that we rarely go to Calahonda to eat. Our favourite restaurant is in Elviria called Rubyana's. I would consider us regulars there, to the point that Carlos recognises my voice on the phone! It is Spanish owned and run - the staff don't speak much English so it is the perfect place to practise the lingo. Their speciallity is a roast lamb dish that you have to order the day before, you get a huge portion plus veg and at 13 euros a head it is excellent value for money. They also do a special menu at lunch - working men style - but unusually also do a special menu at night for 8.50 a head.

I think Da Brunos and ElOceano are a bit over priced, but would go along with Beckitts.

I realise I have rambled somewhat above, so apologise if you are bored already - food is one of my favourite subjects - can you tell?

Hasta,

Fiona

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 10:43 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Fiona

Thanks for these. Rubyana's sounds like fun, can you give me phone no & details of how to get there off the N340, assuming you come off at the don carlos exit coming from calahonda!

Thanks

Ian

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 12:07 PM by presidenta Star rating in Elviria. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Ian,

The number is 952834329. Come off at the Don Carlos and then cross over the bridge to the beach side. Go straight over the first rounabout in front of the Alanda and then right at the second. Follow the road signs to the Beach House .. BUT.. as the road takes a left you need to go right as if you were heading back to the N340. Just before you reach the N340 take a left into a large parking area (they hold the Elviria Friday Market in the car-park infront of the Restaurant). Rubyana's is the white building with lots of green bushes etc. During the summer you eat outside to the left and in the winter inside to the right. We will no doubt be going again soon, so will double check the directions!

Fiona

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x