Car Hire in Murcia area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jan 2013 8:11 PM by Fugitivus Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Can anyone suggest a car hire firm that will provide a car at Murcia airport and NOT overcharge for fuel.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2013 8:38 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Al Andalus Car Hire, rent cars from Murcia and do their cars on a full/full basis.

http://www.alandaluscarhire.com

Tricia

Like 0      
08 Jan 2013 10:52 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

www.hirecarsinspain.com have some suppliers who do 'full to full' and 'half full to empty' or www.doyouspain.com also have a selection of hire companies that do 'full to full'.

Be wary of free upgrades as they usually have larger fuel tanks therefore larger (rip off) over charge for fuel.

25 to 35 euros is an average surcharge on the cost of fuel for a tank full of fuel that I have been charged in the past..

Like 0      
09 Jan 2013 12:58 AM by Sparky Star rating in Somerset and Vera. 127 posts Send private message

Hi, we also use alandalus car hire.  Amazing service, good cars and extremely compettive.  The full/full fuel works well compared to other companies who do rip you off with fuel charges.  We've used alandalus many times now and have always been very pleased.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2013 1:23 PM by daviddan1 Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

You can book alandalus car hire  on the hirecarsinspain web site as well as contacting them direct

take care 

Dave  

Like 0      
09 Jan 2013 1:42 PM by mumsy Star rating in Staffordshire. 21 posts Send private message

We regularly use Easy Option car hire. You pick up the car with generally a quarter of a tank, and return it with the same. A second driver is included, and also windows tyres and glass, which you generally have to pay extra per day for with other companies. You Are met at the terminal and dropping the car off is easy too. Very friendly efficient staff.

Regards
Jayne

Like 0      
09 Jan 2013 1:55 PM by goodwin Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi Fugitivus,

You could also try Pjs Rentacar we have used this company for many years now and never had a problem.

Gooders

Like 0      
09 Jan 2013 7:43 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I would be careful about using PJ rentals.  I booked with them a couple of years ago and they agreed to pick me up and drop me to the place I was staying and have the car delivered there.  I told them it was near Vera and they said that was fine.  Two weeks before I was due to go out they said that was to far from where they normally operate - I could still have the car but no discount.  Thought that was off - felt as I had to drive a couple of hundred miles I should have at least got a full tank of petrol from them.  You expect that sort of treatment from a large company but I believe they are a relatively small business and would have thought they would give a better service than tha.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Justin Aldridge have you left the Building?? - 2 posts
What happens if I do not collect a Burofax??? - 9 posts
AUAN Press Release: Ex-pat homeowners take Spain to European Court of Human Rights - 11 posts
Netball in Seville? - 0 posts
Ian and Angie Calling - 4 posts
Registering a car in spain - 2 posts
Online Language Help - 2 posts
Community Approval for alterations to exterior of apartments - 5 posts
Rojales school - does anyone have children at this school? - 12 posts
Julie Andrews Turning 79 - this is hysterical! - 3 posts
Swapping Flat instead of selling - 2 posts
Can someone confirm Automatic Residency with a 160k euros purchase? - 22 posts
Best Bank here in Spain for residents? - 6 posts
Hertz Hire Car Charges For Full Tank? - 3 posts
Building a swimming pool advice - 5 posts
Hello, calling from Bulgaria. - 0 posts
Two Spaniards Self-Immolate Due To Financial Problems - 5 posts
Taking "embargos" from bank accounts - 4 posts
Non Residence tax Fiscal - 2 posts
Properties for sale? - 2 posts
Want extra satellite channels for Free? Gold, Dave, Alibi - 0 posts
Macias legal - Still in business? - 0 posts
housing price news spells disaster in sunbelt!! - 12 posts
What has happened to the " Reporting assets outside of Spain" thread? - 11 posts
Algorfa - detached villa - absolute buy? - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x