Holiday companies

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2012 11:07 AM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

I bought into a holiday plan some time ago and have had an email from them saying that they have had an offer for the plan.  They want me to pay over 2000 euros for legal fees which will be refunded when the transaction is complete.  They say this is to guarantee that the solicitors' work is done.  The buyer is also paying over 2000 euros of legal fees.  All of this on a transaction of 11000 euros. Has anyone had any experience of this?

Like 0      
25 Nov 2012 12:34 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Ok, so yours is a Holiday Plan and not a Timeshare (same thing?) but I suggest you take a good look at www.timesharetalk.co.uk before you do anything concerning this offer.  Beware, it could be a scam.  If not, you shouldn't be paying for legal fees unitl the work is done (except for, maybe, a small retainer) and there's no way that a simple transaction should cost so much!  Why not use an independent Solicitor, as is advised many times on this site.

Good luck!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2012 12:43 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

That was my first thought - why do they need the money up front? Also legal fees are almost 40%.  Even if monies are repaid, they are 20%.  Far too high.  I personally think it is a scam but wondered what other folk thought.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2012 1:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

I think this is a scam. Can I ask who the holiday club is with? Is it based in Tenerife?

Patricia 

Like 0      
25 Nov 2012 1:12 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Voyager Travel / Destination Travel, Barcelona.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2012 2:57 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Having spoken to this company, I'm even more convinced that it is a scam.  No opportunity to engage an independent lawyer, no proper contract available until the day before (by which time would have travelled to Barcelona to do the deal), very high lawyers' fees, no private contract, no proper authority to do the transaction.  No guarantee that they / the lawyers will not go broke. Tried to tell me that they are highly regulated and covered by EU laws - even so, would not want to spend time and money trying to get money back - not cost effective.  Even questioned that I had lived and done business in Spain for over 25 years.  Very questionable.

Like 0      
27 Nov 2012 10:16 PM by solwayiceman Star rating in Scotland. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Competa

This is a      SCAM      they have some how got a list clients who bought into holiday for life, and are sending out letters to mainly Brits who bought into the holidays            DONT SEND ANY MONEY         it happend to a friend of mine and now they are out even more money.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd....v.3 - 4 posts
From the USA, want to buy a car in Spain - 3 posts
What's easiest? Taking my uk RHD to Spain, taking a LHD to Spain on UK plates or buying a LHD in Spain? Help - 4 posts
Why was Spain First Choice & any Oversights/Regrets ??? - 18 posts
Astra 2 F change over tests - 16 posts
TIPS ON BUYING A PROPERTY IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Looking for Lawyers on the Costa del Sol... - 2 posts
hi , matthew here - 2 posts
Record low interest rates - 0 posts
solicitors charges when selling a property. - 7 posts
I need to take my bike licence - 2 posts
One way car hire fees - 0 posts
Cancelling Insurances - Assurance - 7 posts
Form 210 - 1 posts
Some would rather go to prison than face life :) - 1 posts
NEW REGULATIONS re CASH, TAX ON OVERSEAS ASSETTS and automatic Residencia and - 6 posts
New years eve in Duquesa or Sabinillas - 0 posts
You Know when you are getting Old!!! When - 0 posts
Roxanna - sexy spanish music - 3 posts
Maria and her team do it again - 5 posts
Am I eligible for Plan PIVE? - 27 posts
am receiving strange calls on my mobile...... - 1 posts
Tax resident - 32 posts
Electronic Submission of Form 210 - 30 posts
Buying UK products in Spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x