need some advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Oct 2012 7:47 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Hope someone can advice me on this matter. Have part time contract for 10 hrs work,indefenido. but as work is slow some weeks they tell me there is no work. Now as only part time i only get 5 days holiday a year i have used them up to cover my nomina for each week no work, they tell me as my nomina is 80 per week i need to use 2 days holidy to cover, making a days holiday 40 euros paid.1, is that corect, 2 this is because they say my pay for day is 60 euro so need work 2 days to cover. 3, if there is no work each week for me to do 10 hrs as in contractm do they have to pay me or lay me off, any advice at this time be great as can not aford a layer.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2012 12:40 AM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

being a part time job, even though it is 10 hours a week , those hours should be stipulated on which days you have to work. For example if you work 5 hours on Tuesday and 5 Hours on Wednesday  that would be your weeks work. If you have agreed to be flexible and have 10 hours when ever it suits them fine that's your decision and it should be stated in your contract. They have to pay you if you work or not regardless. As far as holidays are concerned, yes the company does have a say when you take your holidays but I think it is only 50% of your holidays where it has a definite say, but I'm not entirely sure. Normally holidays are a joint decision so it is when it suits both the worker and the employer. I'm not sure how they have calculated the 2 days holiday, as you should receive 2.5 days for every full month worked, so at only 10 hours a week thats 0,6 days holiday for every month worked. To be honest it doesn't make much sense. If you can't afford a lawyer go to your local CCOO office and they will advise you free of charge. (comisiones obreras). They could lay you off but that's their decision, until then they have to pay you, but you muct turn up for work even if their is nothing to do, so you must know when you have to be at work or get it in writing that you don't need to be there. Nonetheless if they don't have work I would start looking for something else.

good luck

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2012 5:20 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

thanks for that,been looing for over 2 years for other work here in Spain and the Uk. but nothing, thanks again.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

To Mortgage or Not to Mortgage - 29 posts
HELP ringing a Spanish mobile - 3 posts
balay appliance engineer - 0 posts
setting up a uk company - 5 posts
Travel insurance for the elderly - 2 posts
Good home study/self study courses - 8 posts
Not available to Spain! - 4 posts
My Little Sat-Nav - 0 posts
Fifty Shades of Oh My Gawd.... - 6 posts
calibration confusion - 0 posts
The Best & Worst of Spain - 47 posts
Furniture pack/furnishings required soon - 1 posts
Dublin - Murcia - 0 posts
Eye Glasses - 3 posts
Selling surplus solar electric in Spain ? - 9 posts
Iberdrola Pilar and Aguagest in La Zenia - 6 posts
Laundrette - 0 posts
Ryanair Summer Schedule - 0 posts
Loss of TV Channels - 4 posts
So............. - 8 posts
Require details of the Bank(s) which funded AIFOS with Hacienda Marina, Belamadina - 0 posts
Moving in March - 12 posts
Hello :) - 0 posts
2 Seater Setee for sale - 0 posts
FOLD UP ALLOY BIKE - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x