Legal issue boundary wall

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2012 12:35 PM by ourlil Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

A wall across the road from our property is in a dangerous condition and the absentee owner claims it is not soley his responsiblity. This wall is his boundary and no other properties. Some years ago he knocked part of it down with a view to making a second access to his land. He never did  that and went back to UK  leaving the wall in a poor state. The wall is at the top of a steep terrace and the road is now subsiding. Is there any thing we can do about this or is he right? Our road only gives access to a dozen properties and a footpath into the campo.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 1:03 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Have you tried talking to someone at the local town hall?

Is it that you are worried the wall may collapse or something?  

I'm trying to picture what you have described but I'm stuggling with it.

If it's really bad and you are sure it's his responsibility, you could always try taking out a denuncia on your neighbour...although this should be a last resort.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 4:35 PM by ourlil Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

the wall is across the road from us the ground at the other side of the wall drops away down to a terrace which is on the neigbours land. We have been to thetown hall now and they asked for contact details for the owners. I have an email for one owners so informed them that the wall was dangerous but his reply was he would put it in the hands of his lawyers here in Spain. Was hoping for a quick simple solution on this but wonder if thats possible. Is there such a thing as an unadopted road in Spain? As the wall only runs along the neighbours property and there is a road between eveyone else and the wall we thought it was soley his responsibility. It looks like he will dispute this. We will go and look at the catastra for the properties here and see if that helps. Hoping to avoid lawyers fees but may come to that.

thanks for your reply

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 4:39 PM by ourlil Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Another developement  with the same owner. He has a derelict property on his land ajoined to another sound one. The owner who lives here is now chasing him to get something done about the abandoned house as it puts his house in danger.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2012 10:41 AM by ourlil Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

now contacted all the owners and they say to bad we are not ppaying, even though they know ots their wall. They say we are not coming back and not paying anything out on this property. Alos that they dont care what happens to it.  Brit sabroad dont you just love it.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2012 11:07 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

The ground behind wall drops into there propert y, you say ? Then push the whole lot over into there land !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2012 1:31 PM by ourlil Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

How tempting but the trouble is it holds up the road1

Like 0      
10 Apr 2012 1:36 PM by ourlil Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Well done for working out what I wrote by the way! I was a little miffed when I wrote it as you can imagine.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Quoting for serious reformation work in an 8 storey building - 6 posts
Comparison website for electricity and gas prices - 0 posts
HELP in identifying Spanish Bank into which my Spanish Lawyer paid my deposits. - 7 posts
licence needed for refridgeration van - 5 posts
Through the Eyes of a Child... - 5 posts
Electrician - 1 posts
Murcia Council - 1 posts
Let us know if you come across any bugs on the forum - 13 posts
Thank you Lobin - 1 posts
Corruption in Spain is a Worrisome Issue - 1 posts
Corvera - Change of Ownership - 6 posts
Manilva area - looking for a really good / romantic restaurant - 2 posts
Where do we go to get a Padron in Jerez - 1 posts
What a terrible waste! - 6 posts
golf share wanted Gaudalmina - 2 posts
Where to go on the Costa Del Sol for Lunch - 20 posts
Residecia / I.D - 5 posts
Spanish banks may be forced to seek eurozone bailout - 0 posts
Motor insurance - 0 posts
eva - 0 posts
Hi Pat Powell - 2 posts
What happens to existing BG claims when a Bank is taken over - 2 posts
Car Tax - 9 posts
For Sale - 0 posts
Discounts on water charges - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x