Spanish banks turn away the keen investor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

A few years back a developer had a large number of property investors keen to conclude purchases on some rundown apartments in the Canary Islands.  The stumbling block was the Spanish Bank system.  They don't seem to recognise the Buy-to-let investor.  Had the purchases gone through,  the complex would have been turned around, with a healthy community and happy tenants.  As it is, the complex is half empty with poor conditions and an unhealthy bank balance.  The complex sits in a miserable state while the rest of the town is the busiest its ever been. 

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 10:43 AM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Do we really need another reason to dislike banks in these times?

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 12:14 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Sorry, I'm usually positive.  I'm just back from having seen the complex and it breaks my heart to see its condition now.

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 3:53 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Problem is there are no real "peoples banks" that work for the people, they just operate on profit profit profit instead of pumping the money back in, turning the country around. Making a better future for all.

I really really hate banks, I really do.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 4:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Right now all the banks can think about is selling the thousands of properties that they are stiting on.

Every time I go into my local branch they keep trying to sell me one.  100% mortgage and all that.

I think I'll leave them to get themselves out of the mess that they created for themselves 

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Mar 2012 4:46 PM by costa.del.sky Star rating. 97 posts Send private message

Thats right, I'm beginning to think my bank looks more like an estate agent at the moment!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jumping for Jubillee - 0 posts
Missing Person - Amy Fitzpatrick - 3 posts
Alicante airport - 3 posts
Electricity Bill - 2 posts
Car Wanted - 4 posts
escatura - 2 posts
Do you know Steve Heritage - 0 posts
New Sheet Roofing for sale. - 0 posts
mobile internet access Andalucia. - 0 posts
Portable air-con units... - 1 posts
MIDI connection problems (Music) - 0 posts
EU Foreign Citizens Register and Certificates - 3 posts
UK OAP (pension) and dependants - 0 posts
Apparently we own a car in Spain!!!!- But we don't!!! - 3 posts
Barcelona F1 testing - anyone going/been? - 0 posts
Seeking advice about selling - 39 posts
Please delete my blog - 0 posts
Hotel saying they missed charging us - is it a scam? - 6 posts
Sabadell and Cam - 0 posts
Legal advice - community problems! - 14 posts
Driving friends to and from Alicante airport - 10 posts
Buying in centro historico Malaga - 6 posts
Online Community Website - 4 posts
El Faro, Mijas - 12 posts
3% retention tax - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x