Apparently we own a car in Spain!!!!- But we don't!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was a  little concerned to receive an email from our solicitor stating that Vera council have us registered as owning a car in Spain! Is that why we rent a car every visit then?? It is apparently a Peugeot 307 which we have never had as a rental either. So, a few questions while the solicitor is on the case.

1. How can a car be registered in my name without my knowledge/ consent?

2. Will the person who has actually got this car have also purchased insurance in my name or theirs? (if they have any)

3. I assume this also means that any traffic offences will be my responsibility?

I am hoping it could possibly be an admin errorbut am not holding my breath.

Anyone got any ideas where to go from here please?

Mark

Like 0      
24 Feb 2012 5:35 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mark you ask where to go from here.

Get in touch with the solicitor who informed you. Explain you have never owed a vehicle on Spain and tell him to get it sorted.

But don't ignore it, it may not just go away !

Job Done I think.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2012 2:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well, if it's registered as yours you need to go and find it and take it back.  It's got to be worth a few bob

It is possible here to register a car in someone else's name.  I know because I checked on that recently.

Like John says, best to get it sorted as it certainly won't go away and the actual owner won't be able to change the ownership documents without your consent!!

Justin

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 24/02/2012.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Feb 2012 4:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I had hoped to hear back from the solicitor today, but no joy .

My biggest orry is that the vehicle in involved in an accident and hurts someone. I can just imagine the reception at the airport!!

I have an idea of what may have happened, but am not at liberty to say what it is at the moment, and hope that I am very wrong.

With any luck, it is a clerical error, but it potentially means it is going to cost me money now, to get out of a situation I didn't instigate .

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barcelona F1 testing - anyone going/been? - 0 posts
Seeking advice about selling - 39 posts
Please delete my blog - 0 posts
Hotel saying they missed charging us - is it a scam? - 6 posts
Sabadell and Cam - 0 posts
Legal advice - community problems! - 14 posts
Driving friends to and from Alicante airport - 10 posts
Buying in centro historico Malaga - 6 posts
Online Community Website - 4 posts
El Faro, Mijas - 12 posts
3% retention tax - 21 posts
Car parking in Malaga - 2 posts
BBC outside UK - 3 posts
Ryanair - 0 posts
Spanish lawyers - 2 posts
Vodafone USB Stick To pup - 4 posts
Sr Rajoy and David Cameron meet at 1.30 pm today in Downing street. - 12 posts
Understanding Endesa Electricty Bills - 0 posts
Indoor swimming pool in Balsicas Murcia? - 6 posts
Where to get Orbegozo spin drier spares - 0 posts
lawyers in murcia - 3 posts
buying in spain - 8 posts
hi - 4 posts
RESIDENCIA CERTIFICATE - 2 posts
Leaving Spain Overstayed Visa (2yr) Airport Trouble? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x