Pravda in Puerto Banus

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by MizzFixit Star rating in Sunny Marbs. 46 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
MizzFixit´s avatar

I was thrilled when Cool Deals offered a 55% discount on a 3 course dinner in Restaurant Pravda in Puerto Banus.  I paid for two vouchers, meaning that for 46eur my boyfriend and I could take our pick from the a la carte menu and would only need to pay on the night for the drinks.  I've used Cool Deals several times before and can highly recommend them.  However - beware!!!  These place is probably heaving in the summer, but in winter, they're struggling for custom and now I know why.  The food is completely mediocre (I had to send back a salmon tartar starter for smelling not very nice), but their waiter is an expert.  Smooth, warm and welcoming, he offered to bring us an aperitif before ordering and suggested a glass of cava or a kir royale.  We opted for the kir royale.  Cut a long story short:  2 glasses of kir royale, 2 glasses of white with starters, 2 glasses of red with main course, 2 liquers and another kir royale....................... 124 euros!!!!  That means that had we also had to pay full price for the food on the night, we would have received a bill for over 220euros.  Why oh why do restauranteurs take advantage of us poor locals, who are working hard on trying to make a life here?  We have so many fab restaurants here,so we won't be going there again, but to say that it left us with a nasty aftertaste would be an understatement.  

www.mizzfixit.com

I organise, you relax

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 9:40 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Why dont you try BRUNOS in CABAPINO the food is excellent and well priced

We also like the JAIPUR just a few hundred yards ON best curry ever tasted

Rod

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 1:29 PM by MizzFixit Star rating in Sunny Marbs. 46 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
MizzFixit´s avatar

Thanks for the tip Rod.  Yes, Da Bruno is always a good bet, especially when we have visitors.  Jaipur is just down the road from me and I've never been so that's definitely one to try as I'm a total curry snob!!  

www.mizzfixit.com

I organise, you relax

Like 0      
15 Feb 2012 3:54 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Yes and THANKYOU for the ENDESA info

One good TURN deserves another

Rod

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ibi tax - 3 posts
perimeter alarm systems - 3 posts
Charity Quiz Wednesday 15th February - Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Thanks for advise... - 0 posts
Deposit returned...yippee!!!...with thanks to Costaluz and Maria. - 7 posts
Linea Direct to offer Legal Advice in English - 1 posts
La Zenia Boulavard......Amazing - 72 posts
tropical fish - 0 posts
One must go. - 1 posts
ryanair new debit card fails - 3 posts
La Zenia Boulavard - 0 posts
Measures to reduce unemployment in Spain - 1 posts
Will good professionals ever stand up to the mark in Spain and exert their influence? - 2 posts
roof build - 4 posts
Free papers in and around Salou and Tarragona - 0 posts
London Ollympic tickets - 0 posts
Dangerous new Electric Meters? - 16 posts
address in Spain - 14 posts
10 year guarantee for new build - 10 posts
Introduction - 2 posts
Telefonica ( Movistar) - 1 posts
Edinburgh Crystal Decanters - 0 posts
Goats - 1 posts
Good news ( I hope ) - 2 posts
NATURAL GAS ~ Yes or No - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x