Help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by Ange1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of returning to the Costa Del Sol this year I did live there previously for 3 years in 2005.I need a little advice on the work situation, I know unfortunately the Spanish economy is not good but how is the tourism trade? I would be working in bars and restaurants is there still jobs available?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 8:09 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

I cant acount for the situation in the Costa Del Sol but I would imagine it wont be very different to elsewhere in Spain. Jobs within bars and restaurants are going to be hard to find, with many people competing for any work (including part time, irregular hours with little / no contract with the employer) in this particular arena.

It seems that many Restauranters and Bar owners are struggling (rising costs and reducing demand) and are not keen to commit to a contractual arrangement with their staff. Restaurants and Bars are closing all over the place, although its probably fair to say that reducing competition in some areas means that those that are able to remain open are possibly remaining afloat in this stormy economic environment.

There will probably be summer work in the CDS, but like I said ....the competition is going to be high.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 8:25 PM by Ange1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks Wend691 I know things are not good over there. Ill just keep buying the lottery tickets!!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 10:41 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

You're most welcome Ange1 (just my humble opinion and others may offer more helpful advice than me).

As for the lottery tickets, .... me too!!!!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 11:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm afraid wend is right.  Even the jobs which used to be plentiful not so long ago are difficult to come by these days. 

There will always be a need for extra bar and restaurant staff in the summer but as more and more people become unemployed in Spain then these jobs will become increasingly sought after.

Sorry, can't be more positive than that!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Satalite T.V. - 7 posts
Do I need a prescription to get this medication in Spain? - 5 posts
Working in Gib, living in Spain - who do we pay tax to? - 33 posts
Dentist (Filling Needed!) - 4 posts
help needed to trace my friend - 0 posts
Squatters - 22 posts
NIE Expiry date? (Non and Resident type) - 3 posts
mijas golf estate - 1 posts
Car hire at Faro. - 0 posts
Please contact - 1 posts
Urgent Appeal - 2 missing dogs - Rio Grande (Coin) - 2 posts
Lomas del Golf - 2 posts
La Portaria, El Mudamiento - 0 posts
Cutbacks by UK Town Halls & Councils - 1 posts
flights from alicante - 3 posts
Exporting a Spanish car. - 3 posts
Any information on Tormos and area ? - 0 posts
LHD Merceded 500 Sl sports in Marbella - 0 posts
Schooling in CBS - 2 posts
Bargain car for sale 695 euros, - 0 posts
Seeking long term rustic rental, AKA, 'the impossible' - 0 posts
Looking for English natives to spend some time together on holidays. Exchange English/Spanish/Basque - 2 posts
WANTED: Set of Golf Clubs - 1 posts
WANTED: Set of golf clubs - 0 posts
Fly BA from London to Malaga. Cheaper or what? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x