Satalite T.V.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

alan63´s avatar

I have a small satalite dish with a digi box amd I must admit that Im not too impressed with the range of english programs.

Can any one advise which satalite I should be picking up to get the best selection of free to view english channels?

Al

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 6:23 PM by alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

alan63´s avatar

Forgot to mention I live near Orihuela city.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 6:34 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Think you will need a "BIG" dish to pick up any decent English channels. There are many posts on here to help you out if you search through.

Regards, Steve

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 7:01 PM by lostagain Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

I HAVE A 1.92 METRE DISH IN MALAGA YOU WOULD PROBABLY NEED THE SAME ABOUT 200 EU FITTED

WE GET ALL THE CHANNELSBUT I THINK YOU NEED A SKY BOX TO GET THEM AM TOLD STANDARD FREESAT BOX WONT CUT IT

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 7:48 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

I am trying to attach a picture defining the Astra 2 Satellite footprint. From which you will determine you need a huge dish where you are. I know somebody in the locality with 2.8 meter dish. Hope this explains it. SKYBOX is irrelevant, as we have one with Freesat and get all channels on 1.8 metre in Murcia. Guy

This message was last edited by gcarton on 19/01/2012.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 8:10 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

I live in Albatera, I can see Orihuela from where I live.

I have a 1.9 metre dish, SKY box and freesat card, I also have a generic box which gives better reception but of course won't give the one or two extra free channels that the SKY box gives.

Most of the time we have good reception, we only lose it during storms.

I have a friend with  2.4 dish and he gets about the same as we do.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2012 10:26 PM by alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

alan63´s avatar

I was visiting a friend in Murcia who had a small dish like mine that was just a free view card. He didnt have any idea what satalite it was pointing at and had a whole ton of Eenglish channels. I can get a load of channels but they are mostly morrocan. Ive got Ajerhera news ect but nothing like my friend who gets bbc etc and pays nothing.

Al.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2012 9:54 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I THINK YOU NEED A SKY BOX TO GET THEM AM TOLD STANDARD FREESAT BOX WONT CUT IT

A Sky box with no viewing card gets the same channels as a Freesat box, as the sky box will be operating as a "free to air" box, which is what the Freesat boxes effectively are.

I have a small satalite dish with a digi box amd I must admit that Im not too impressed with the range of english programs.

If your dish is about 1m, and aligned properly, then you shoudl be able to receive some ITV1 regions and the Fives. IF you want more channels, like BBC, then you will need to increase your dish size, or pay for a sky subscription (atleast 50% of the sky pay channels are available on an 80cm dish!)

Can any one advise which satalite I should be picking up to get the best selection of free to view english channels?

The best selection of english channels are on the satellites that your dish is currently pointing to. Other satellites are not designed for the UK TV market, so their choice of UK / English channels is very limited, usually BBC World News, Sky News and CNN.

If you want "free to view" channels, then you will require a non subscription freesatfromsky card. This "unlocks" the free to view channels such as Sony TV, Pick TV, LFCTV, Motors TV. Channels like Five, Sky News, True MOvies are "free tro air"

I can get a load of channels but they are mostly morrocan. Ive got Ajerhera news ect but nothing like my friend who gets bbc etc and pays nothing.

In which case, if you ar receiving all Morrocan channel, your dish is not looking at the UK TV satellites, but on of the many other "clusters" of satellites.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do I need a prescription to get this medication in Spain? - 5 posts
Working in Gib, living in Spain - who do we pay tax to? - 33 posts
Dentist (Filling Needed!) - 4 posts
help needed to trace my friend - 0 posts
Squatters - 22 posts
NIE Expiry date? (Non and Resident type) - 3 posts
mijas golf estate - 1 posts
Car hire at Faro. - 0 posts
Please contact - 1 posts
Urgent Appeal - 2 missing dogs - Rio Grande (Coin) - 2 posts
Lomas del Golf - 2 posts
La Portaria, El Mudamiento - 0 posts
Cutbacks by UK Town Halls & Councils - 1 posts
flights from alicante - 3 posts
Exporting a Spanish car. - 3 posts
Any information on Tormos and area ? - 0 posts
LHD Merceded 500 Sl sports in Marbella - 0 posts
Schooling in CBS - 2 posts
Bargain car for sale 695 euros, - 0 posts
Seeking long term rustic rental, AKA, 'the impossible' - 0 posts
Looking for English natives to spend some time together on holidays. Exchange English/Spanish/Basque - 2 posts
WANTED: Set of Golf Clubs - 1 posts
WANTED: Set of golf clubs - 0 posts
Fly BA from London to Malaga. Cheaper or what? - 2 posts
Abandoned Cars in Estepona - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x