The elections

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I wonder how the elections are going, the turn out etc.  and what differences it will make which ever party wins ??

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 6:27 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well, they've had a slightly lower turnout than in the previous election, it stands at 59.47% according to the rtve website. Probably because it's been raining buckets all day

Well, if opinion polls are anything to go by then Mariano Rajoy of the conservative PP party should take the majority of the votes, but talking to some Spanish friends the other day they were saying that they aren't voting for Rajoy because they like him, but more because they feel that a change is necessary.

I think whatever the outcome is, we're going to be in for four years of heavy spending cuts, reduced benefits, etc.  It will take a long time to turn around the Spanish economy.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 11:57 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well, as expected, Rojoy and the PP party managed to secure an overwhelming majority.

They are coming into power with an enormous weight on their shoulders and we'll have to see what they do now to try and improve things in Spain.

I personally would not like to be in his shoes!

If you understand Spanish here's a video of the speech he made tonight after confirmation that they had done it:

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Nov 2011 11:02 AM by Angar Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Unforortunately I think they are going to have the same problem as the conservatives in the UK when they came into power, to find out that most of the treasury funds have been spent and there is very little money to make the real changes necessary.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2011 1:26 PM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Corvera airport looks to have secured its future - but I wonder if the HIgh Speed Train in Andalucia might be axed?  At least he is easy to understand!!! (as was Zapatero to be fair)

Brian

Like 0      
21 Nov 2011 2:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Yesterday it was raining today, with PP back in power, the sun is shining.  I knew they would get Spain back on line again !!!

(joking for those who may not have realised)

Like 0      
21 Nov 2011 2:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Yesterday it was raining today, with PP back in power, the sun is shining.  I knew they would get Spain back on line again !!!

(joking for those who may not have realised)

Like 0      
21 Nov 2011 6:06 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The sun may have been shining but the country awoke to quite a cold morning.   I think the PP haven't quite got the balance right just yet

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

rates/community charges but no licence - 3 posts
Reliable, active estate Agent in the Alhaurin de la Torre area - 0 posts
I PHONE 4 FOR SALE ON VODAFONE UK - 5 posts
VW Transporter Van For Sale in Los ALCAZAARES (murcia) ENGLISH PLATED - 0 posts
What's the matter with Spain? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish car in UK? - 2 posts
end of season on costa blanca - 4 posts
Buying a Car in Spain...Beware - 24 posts
Does my mother have to pay capital gains tax ? - 4 posts
Friday Storms - 2 posts
Tips for a short break in Granada, please! - 2 posts
Income tax for non residents - 37 posts
TEACHING - 1 posts
La ALUMNIA - 0 posts
Oso y madrono - origins of Madrid city emblem/coat of arms/ statue - 1 posts
Brenda - property in calanova - 2 posts
bulding the internal walls in breeze blocks - 8 posts
Hotel Recommendation - 0 posts
2006 Nissan Micra 5 door. Low price for quick sale - 2 posts
bank - 10 posts
Bank guarantees - 3 posts
Car Storage in Cartagena/Murcia Region ? - 2 posts
closing childrens bank accounts - 0 posts
Insurance deposit for hired cars - 0 posts
International Parcel Rates? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x