Insurance deposit for hired cars

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by brownhog Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

I have an Insurance policy which covers me hiring a car in europe. It costs under £40pa and will cover you instead of topping up at the rip off rates with the hire company in Spain.

Recently I hired a car and had to pay 300 euros (taken from my credit card) as I declined their offer of extra insurance. On returning to Scotland I was reimbursed within a few days - but - as I had paid with the credit card I could not transfer the amount into my current account (Santander) and was advised to spend it!

Best to charge it to your current account, and then you will be able to access the money.

Now booking with local company in Torrevieja who are more expensive but no hassle and can refill the tank. Never had a problem with them and will now go that way instead of facing these difficult procedures at the airport.

On reflection, the car I was given had plenty scrapes and bashes, so guess they wouldn't have been able to tell if there was a new one. Didn't make up for the animosity at the airport though.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

International Parcel Rates? - 6 posts
Early Childhood Teaching - 0 posts
M.O.T. ( ITV ) - 9 posts
How many of you live in the Orihuela area? - 6 posts
Exemption of Estepona Basura Tax 2011 - 0 posts
manchester to la manga ? - 21 posts
Spanish teacher in Málaga - 0 posts
FOR SALE 1989 Autotrail Comanche Camper van - 0 posts
Vacation at Corvera - 2 posts
Would really like to recommend this MECHANIC Camposol/Mazarron area. - 0 posts
unapproved account - 1 posts
COnsumer Law in Spain - 7 posts
Vacation later this month. - 2 posts
Paying non residents tax - 8 posts
Burgos and Valencia for buyers/ against Banks in off plan purchases - 0 posts
Car Wanted - 7 posts
Fiestas in Almoradi - 1 posts
Well done England - 4 posts
Live Poker League in Murcia - win a trip to Vegas - 0 posts
Silly old fools - 37 posts
Oil-fired community boilers - 1 posts
Wanted reliable, conscientious, friendly cleaner and key holder for 4 privately owned apartments in Guardamar Del Segura. - 0 posts
Modelo 210 help please - rental income and nuda propriedad - 4 posts
Any air travel sleuths here? - 5 posts
Flights - Riga to Malaga ? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x