rates/community charges but no licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by IBJH Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

I have been trying to hand back my house to the bank for the last 1 1/2 years but due to an issue with the habitation licence (lack off) I have been unsuccessful,however I have now recieved a bill for the last 3 years rates/community charges.The last time I managed to speak to the townhall they said that the house was still under construction as the builder had not applied for the first habitation licence.If they are now issuing community charges does that mean that they believe the house to be finished or as it is Spain I still have to pay these bills even without the licence?

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 5:12 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

IBJB

Quote "If they are now issuing community charges".  Do you mean bills for IBI etc.?   The town hall have nothing to do with the community charges..
------------------------------------------

In about 1990 I bought a house. The builder never paid the full fees to the architect thus he did not issue a first occupancy licence. 

It was little difficult at times but my neighbours and I managed to work around it. 

The missing licence never stopped the town hall sending out the IBI  bills etc., and we got electricity and water contracts.
In due course (about 10 years) I sold the property and the missing licence never was a problem.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 20/11/2011.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 5:50 PM by IBJH Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

maybe ,IBI seems to have that on the documentation-what exactly is that ?,also how can that be issued if house is deemed incomplete?.I take it you never recieved your habitation licence as I was informed only the builder can apply for it and I know that he is now deceased.I assume the purchasers never requested to see said certificate?.I have electricity and water also.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2011 6:13 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The IBI is the "Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles" and is the equivalent, more or less, to the rates or council tax in UK. It is issued by the town hall.

Community charges are from the community of owners or their administrator and is the share each property owner pays towards the communal costs associated with running the community. They would apply if your property is in community of owners on an urbanisation.

In theory, it is not possible to get an electricity contract nor a water supply contract without the first occupancy notice (licence).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reliable, active estate Agent in the Alhaurin de la Torre area - 0 posts
I PHONE 4 FOR SALE ON VODAFONE UK - 5 posts
VW Transporter Van For Sale in Los ALCAZAARES (murcia) ENGLISH PLATED - 0 posts
What's the matter with Spain? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish car in UK? - 2 posts
end of season on costa blanca - 4 posts
Buying a Car in Spain...Beware - 24 posts
Does my mother have to pay capital gains tax ? - 4 posts
Friday Storms - 2 posts
Tips for a short break in Granada, please! - 2 posts
Income tax for non residents - 37 posts
TEACHING - 1 posts
La ALUMNIA - 0 posts
Oso y madrono - origins of Madrid city emblem/coat of arms/ statue - 1 posts
Brenda - property in calanova - 2 posts
bulding the internal walls in breeze blocks - 8 posts
Hotel Recommendation - 0 posts
2006 Nissan Micra 5 door. Low price for quick sale - 2 posts
bank - 10 posts
Bank guarantees - 3 posts
Car Storage in Cartagena/Murcia Region ? - 2 posts
closing childrens bank accounts - 0 posts
Insurance deposit for hired cars - 0 posts
International Parcel Rates? - 6 posts
Early Childhood Teaching - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x