Frozen bread

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2011 9:57 AM by moggy Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Yes we buy Mercadonas own make of white bread for toast, PAN DE MOLDE  BLANCO it is only a small loave but it lasts us about a week,we use it for toast and sometimes a cheese and pickle sandwich the price is 65c.They also do it in brown and a granary.Although it contains a small amount of sugar and salt certainly carnt taste it.As you say love crusty bread but you do need to eat it on the same day,but again we buy the twin packs you cook in the oven (75c) as a standy buy again from Mercadona.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 11:37 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

We only use Iceland to buy Bisto Veg. gravy granules and Irish sausages. 

There is nothing more tempting than the hot bread we buy in Mercadona where there is a great selection. We use some and freeze the rest immediately and it is really good even when defrosted.

The Spanish in our area love the pizzas!

Daveil

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 11:42 AM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

From what I am reading at least we wont get crushed in the mad rush going to Iceland

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 11:58 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Janie2003, From your comment you have obviously not been to the one in Torrevieja. It is always very busy, staff friendly and helpful. If you are after something specific from home you are likely to find it. However they use an exchange rate of £1 = 1.40 Euro. Just wish I could change money at that rate! Using that rate does make things expensive. However, the pizzas still seem good value compared to Spanish supermarkets. Kevin

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 12:16 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

I would think in Torrevieja they sell the same things I was complaining that they sold us ox liver instead of lambs. but the original post was about the frozen wonder loaf

I source the few uk things I want in the local supers and usually cheaper.

I hate frozen stuff, especially the almost meat free ready meals all we buy is bacon gammon and lamb cos its cheaper than the shops here.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 2:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Re Iceland.

I now this is a bit off thread,  but there are several references to the exchange rate which they use, so I hope I will be forgiven.

Iceland in Spain is not the same company as Iceland in UK. 

Overseas Supermarkets, sell Iceland products and use their logo.  Thus I assume their costs are higher than in UK, cost of importing etc., and that must be covered in some way if those who wish to enjoy their services want them to remain in business.

ALSO

There used to be a company trading here using the ARGOS logo. They too were not ARGOS UK and thus their prices were higher too (and in their case the Argos guarantee did not apply, although they did not tell the customers).     When ARGOS UK got to now they were passing themselves off as the UK company, the practice stopped.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 4:25 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

For all the criticisms of Iceland (Overseas Markets) or whatever they are called, I was very pleased when I heard that they were opening in San Javier.

Bearing in mind, the job situation here, I enquired some time ago, whether they were doing OK? Not only OK was the reply but nowadays, many Spanish people shop here. So the prices aren´t putting everybody off!!

Yes, it is expensive but there are some things that I enjoyed in the "old country", like unsmoked back bacon, Irish sausages, Birds custard, Scotch eggs, Pork pies, etc., etc., I could go on and on.

There are many kinds of foodstuffs I enjoy here in Spain also. The seafood, especially. The great big gambas, succulent octopus, eels (jellied and stewed), wings of skate, beautiful steaks, etc., etc.

So, I can enjoy a fantastic array of multicultural delicacies and always with the wish that I had moved here 10 years ago!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
15 Aug 2011 8:17 PM by janie2003 Star rating. 129 posts Send private message

HAVING INDICATED WHAT i DONT LIKE IN iCELAND I WILL NOW GIVE PRAISE WHERE DUE

BACON EXCELENT

GAMMON LOVELY

LAMB JOINT AS GGOD AS IT GETS

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

British old age pensioners living in Spain - 17 posts
Clothing Business For Sale - 0 posts
Tae Kwon Do & Piano Lessons - Murcia region - 0 posts
Los Alcazares - schooling - 1 posts
Jet2 Glasgow to Murcia 2012 - 2 posts
Is It The Corrupt System or Misguided Naive Buyers ?? - 24 posts
Food Price Comparison Site For Spain? - 4 posts
shoes for driving in spain?? - 21 posts
LFO's - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet Charges. - 1 posts
British old age pensions - 11 posts
Wrong numbers - 1 posts
Motorway - 0 posts
Local Politics - Getting Involved - 2 posts
Eating out recommendations in Arroyo de la Miel - 1 posts
chipmunk in Nuevo Paraje Moriana - 0 posts
WANTED: long term rental wanted in quesada/torrevieja area from september 2011 - 2 posts
All Spanish Should Learn To Speak Fluent English - 23 posts
ITV Homes From Hell - 9 August 2011 - 33 posts
schools in rojales or quesada for 5 years old - 4 posts
Big light show 11-13th August - 4 posts
Thinking of coming back out soon for a week with my kids ? - 0 posts
Disco Equipment for sale - 0 posts
Security for vacant properties - 2 posts
Supermarket Purchases - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x