Self Financing Mortgage?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2007 12:00 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Originally posted under 'Buying Property' thought it might be better here.

Hi,  Has anyone come across this website / company and can they offer any advice / information about their claims. 

http://www.bosolhipotecas.com/site/en/easy_living_plan.html

If I understand it correctly, they are saying that 80% of the value of the propert is invested giving a return that is more than the monthly payment on the mortgage.

Is that right, what's the catch????

Kelju

Like 0      
30 May 2007 1:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Have taken a very quick look at the site and the way I read it is that if you are looking at the self financing thing it is an equity release scheme that invests proceeds of the equity release into stocks or shares or another invesment plan using your property (that you own already) as security for the debt. There are a lot of references to risk so please ensure you know exactly what they are suggesting that you do. There have been a great many of these schemes promoted throughout Spain and most of them are flawed and should generally be considered extremely high risk with high commissions paid to the intermediary who places them. Much as the endowment mortgage in the UK post 1984 when the government removed life assurance tax relief - then the programme became flawed as less money going into the pot although the broker placing the business was still getting his commission - the commission had to be paid from somewhere? Ensure you do thorough research.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
30 May 2007 6:45 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Ahhh, thanks Smiley, that's explained a lot, just shows what clever marketing can do.  I'll go and put the Barge Pole back in the garage now, not that I was going to touch it with it anyway.

Thanks

Kelju

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Furnishing in La Marina/Guradamar area - 3 posts
JOB VACANCIES - 7 posts
condado de alhama - 6 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up in Duquesa on 19th of July? - 67 posts
Eralia takeover? - 0 posts
La Herencia de Casares - 3 posts
Structural Problems - whose responsible? - 12 posts
Resale prices at Lar Sol - 0 posts
Mothercare equivalent in Costa del Sol? - 12 posts
All welcome me to wish good luck to Impey please - 10 posts
Self financing Mortgage - 0 posts
corvera golf - 2 posts
Las Marquesas phase 4 - 6 posts
Golfing Investment + Free Golfing Lesson. - 0 posts
help? - 9 posts
It's all new to me - 7 posts
hi from lisa and derek help required - 6 posts
Technologia Urbanistica - 6 posts
Any Owners in warrington - 4 posts
solar system - 4 posts
Guinae Pigs - 0 posts
Hola from morerosado - 2 posts
politics in costa blanca - saturday daily mail article - 3 posts
nan and ewen - 2 posts
Musicians and live music in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x