JOB VACANCIES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2007 12:00 AM by andy l h Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, we are a young family seriously debating to relocate to the south of spain - preferably around Malaga inland, the only thing thats worrying us is the job situation. I can normally put my hand to anything, however my main profession is Class 1 heavy goods driver. Can anyone help us out here with info on this situation, and where are the best places to look. Regards Andy .

Like 0      
30 May 2007 10:16 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Andy,

The biggest worry for a young family when moving to Spain is Employment.

It is far from easy to gain regular well paid employment unless you have a proffesion that is in high demand.

I cannot comment too much on the CDS because i am on the CB but here the main employment is sales,tourism,building and the service industry.

I have a friend who wanted to be a HGV driver and most companies do require a good level of Spanish for delivering within the country,the best bet is to try someone like Union Jack who regulary run back to the uk,they are a removals company,you then have to decide whether or not you want to spend that amount of time away from your family.

It really is the only fly in the ointment when it come to moving here,it is a fantastic lifestyle but is doesn't come for free.

I wish you all the best.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
30 May 2007 3:13 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Andy

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

You may want to take a look at the "Jobs in Spain" section of this forum.  There may be info of interest there.

Best of luck with your move.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 May 2007 3:56 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi andy l h

Welcome to EOS (Eye on Spain)

Georgia has given you good advice here, but I hope you manage to make the move for your family.

Good luck,

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
30 May 2007 6:15 PM by andy l h Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

thanks alot for replying and giving us that info, it was really appreciated. We will be coming over to CDS in beginning of June to have a look at areas around the Malaga area, aswell as trying to fit in a bit of holiday time, which my daughter will want to permanently live on the beach. Has anyone got any more info, i,e papers, agencies where we can look. My wife has also 18 years experience in retail and admin/ office work she is also learning Spanish, do you get more opportunities even if it is beginners Spanish

Like 0      
31 May 2007 3:22 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi ANDY LH,

sorry if my last reply sounded too negative,it wasn't meant to,it was really a heads up on the situation job wise.

Yes it is hard but it is worth it and like everything in life if you work hard and want it enough it will happen.

Your children will thank you in the future and the quality of life far outways the UK.

Try WEMPLOY and they are others on the web that will maybe give you a head start before you get here.

I wish you all the best and every success in the future.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
31 May 2007 7:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Have a look at the classifieds at www.surinenglish.com which lists many jobs every week.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 May 2007 9:04 PM by andy l h Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia,

No negative vibes were felt, infact every bit of information has gained us alot more knowledge and it's showed us some good places to look. 

Thanks again, andy. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

condado de alhama - 6 posts
Anyone fancy meeting up in Duquesa on 19th of July? - 67 posts
Eralia takeover? - 0 posts
La Herencia de Casares - 3 posts
Structural Problems - whose responsible? - 12 posts
Resale prices at Lar Sol - 0 posts
Mothercare equivalent in Costa del Sol? - 12 posts
All welcome me to wish good luck to Impey please - 10 posts
Self financing Mortgage - 0 posts
corvera golf - 2 posts
Las Marquesas phase 4 - 6 posts
Golfing Investment + Free Golfing Lesson. - 0 posts
help? - 9 posts
It's all new to me - 7 posts
hi from lisa and derek help required - 6 posts
Technologia Urbanistica - 6 posts
Any Owners in warrington - 4 posts
solar system - 4 posts
Guinae Pigs - 0 posts
Hola from morerosado - 2 posts
politics in costa blanca - saturday daily mail article - 3 posts
nan and ewen - 2 posts
Musicians and live music in Spain - 7 posts
college in murcia - 2 posts
Apartment for Rent in Almerimar (Alta Entinas) - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x