Fortecstar 1.8m Sat Dish in Northern Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by alfonso70 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hola,

We have just moved to Northern Spain and have been told we need a 1.8m sat dish to receive BBC etc. We have found a Fortecstar dish being sold by Maplins for only £99, which is considerably cheaper than any other dish we can find. We realise that it is a petal type dish but we just wondered if anybody out there had any experience of these dishes and whether theya re any good? Or alternatively does anyone know where i can get a reasonably priced 1.8m dish from in Spain?

Many thanks, Tony

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 8:31 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I would avoid the Fortersatar petal dishes and find a single piece dish instead. It may seem cheap, but its cheap for a reason...and it is no good for a fringe reception area like Spain

The Fortecs are not very stable, very light material, can be bent easily (people who have had them say they have send petals back as they are bent even when they come out of the box), they are a pain to set up (many of  the holes need to be redilled to match perfectly), you need to get the petals installed 100%, and worse of all, to adjust the direction of the dish you need to move the WHOLE frame (dish and ground support), wheeras on most other dishes the dish sits on a pole that is bolted or concreted still.

The two 2.4m fortectstar dishes I have seen performed WORSE than a single peice 1.8m dish.

I have a page on these dishes which has a number of quotes from people posted on various Spanish and TV forums saying "avoid". http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/petal_satellite_dishes_costa_blanca_spain.php

Dish size required and suppliers will depends on where exactly in "northern Spain" you are

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 19/07/2011.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
19 Jul 2011 8:43 AM by alfonso70 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi there, thanks for your reply. So it looks like its not worth wasting our money on the Fortecstar dish then! We are located about 50kilometres west of Oviedo in Asturias and the local advice is we need a 1.8m dish, but the only ones i can find on teh net are very expensive. So any ideas on suppliers would be much appreciated?

Thanks for your help, Tony

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Newbie - 0 posts
For sale - 0 posts
info for the legal system in Spain - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 0 posts
Dog hotel: Santander - 0 posts
Is it a good idea holding large amounts of cash in Spanish banks? - 4 posts
Student VISA trouble - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Cercanias Station - 6 posts
Who would buy a place in Spain now??? - 3 posts
The Euro Weekly News Online - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago - 37 posts
A debate on Capitalism - 60 posts
ELECTRICT SCRUBBER FOR USE OUTSIDE - 1 posts
Dation in payment with shortfall - 5 posts
Just finished RAce For Life :-) - 5 posts
Wanted bunk beds. - 0 posts
Is It Better To Buy or Rent Property in Spain ?? - 58 posts
Purchasing a property with a UK company - 31 posts
WANTED RIVIERA DEL SOL - 1 posts
Power limiter (ICP) endesa - 2 posts
Best UK post codes for Humax Foxsat HD 500GB - 2 posts
On the Rocks - 0 posts
Poetry.. This is my favorite English poem ...Please comment - 5 posts
Did Your Bank Fail the Stress Test? - 2 posts
Woman like this should not be allowed - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x