Best UK post codes for Humax Foxsat HD 500GB

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

I am expecting delivery next week of a Humax Foxsat HD 500GB digi box.  I understand that you have to enter a UK postcode & I wonder if anyone knows the best region post code to use.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 11:52 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Using a postcode from Manchester will mean you get the strongest ITV1HD region on your Freesat channel listing - as you may find other ITV1HD regions are not as strong.

M60 XXX will do the job...where XXX are any combination of 1 number and 2 letters...as I understand the Freesat box postcode checks just look at the first three digits in the postcode...

BBC1HD and BBCHD and C4HD are not affected by the postcodes, as there is currently only one regional version of these channels.

This may mean you get weak BBC1 on 101, BBC2 on 102 and ITV1 on 103..but just use the HD versions instead (or for BBC2 BBC2 Wales or BBC2 Northern Ireland)

I have yet to find a single UK postcode that gives you the strongest regions on 101, 102,103,104, 119.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 16/07/2011.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
03 Aug 2011 7:26 PM by shameonthemonkey Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I would recommend BL6 5DU, North west. Its what I use and never a problem

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

On the Rocks - 0 posts
Poetry.. This is my favorite English poem ...Please comment - 5 posts
Did Your Bank Fail the Stress Test? - 2 posts
Woman like this should not be allowed - 13 posts
ILLEGAL HOMES IN SPAIN 5 - 0 posts
CERTIFYING DOCUMENTS IN GIBRALTAR - 5 posts
schools in spain - 18 posts
Hoping to move but got a few barriers to cross first... - 13 posts
renting - 0 posts
Petrol & Diesel Prices in Gibraltar - 3 posts
Cheap, perfect 7 seat car in Murcia for just €1300. RHD on Spanish ITV - 0 posts
monthly living - 44 posts
WANTED - Video Recorder - 3 posts
WANTED - Unfurnished Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Chiropractor Fuengirola or Mijas Costa - 0 posts
handyman needed - 1 posts
illegal homes in Spain 5 - 0 posts
Looking forward to Summer hols :-) - 4 posts
Poor Website Spelling Cut Sales by Half - 13 posts
motability scooter - 3 posts
Do I need a residencia or will a padron/nie be enough? - 16 posts
Driving to spain - 3 posts
What Makes You Think Of Spain - 24 posts
Water Leak - Undetected - 2 posts
Mary-Anne Goosens: Am I Being Cynical? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x