85 euros one way

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by maggie1955 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

having spoken with a lady in the pool this morning, i was disgusted to hear the condado taxi charged her 85euros one way from alicante to polaris. she told me never again will she be coming here again and i for one dont blame her. wether its one way or not 85euros is not on, not only is this a big lump of cash to dish out on a taxi ride, it aint going to help condado, we want people to be coming back here spending there money rather than going somewhere else, we should name and shame these con merchants.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 10:39 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I know that this seems a large amount but this is the correct fare using a legally licensed taxi, as calculated on a meter, from Alicante airport to your resort, €70 to Corvera or aound €60 to San Javier airport and she has not been ripped off

From Alicante airport The only place in the area where you can get buses to at low cost is the Torrevieja area or Benidorm

The lowest cost legal way to get transport to the airport is to book, via the internet, one of the airport transport people, aound €70

You could of course use one of the many private individuals who offer airport runs but you will not be insured

Really with these resorts it is advisable to hire a car taking into account €170 of taxi fees

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 11:18 AM by leenaranjos2 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

i only get charges 50 euros from a friend on the resort, even if we were to have an accident im still covered as in his insurance it states all passengers are covered because he pays an excess to carry passengers who are not family

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 12:26 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

In Spain there is no such thing as the insurance you you are claiming and if a driver is receiving any cash payment for journeys they require what is known in the UK as Hire and Reward insurance

If he has an accident yiu are not insured, if he is cxhallenged at the airport and the authorities find that he is receiving money for airport trips he will be prosecuted and they can take away his vehicle and crush it

What he tekks you may be totally different from the truth as anybody can take a friend to the airport, with no extra insurance, providing no mon e is being paid

Vehicles that are insured may not have ful taxi livery but have a certificate in the front window and often an SP plate on the back

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 1:51 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Never would i go in a non licenced taxi, that kind of insurance does not exist, you are putting yourself at risk, some of these people are and have been being watched by the police for a while, the names and registration plates have been registered and if anything happens you wil be in big trouble. Is it really worth the €35 difference each way?

Joan

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 1:52 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Exactly, Joan.  I fully agree that it is a risk to use these private operators.

Patricia

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 2:10 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

This has really confused me.

If a friend takes me to the airport, as a passanger I am not insured on the drivers insurance? Is that right?

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 2:12 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Camille:

Of course you would have passenger insurance if a relative or friend takes you to an airport or anywhere else.  Some operating a "pirate" taxi service is an entirely different matter.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 2:19 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

As i said the problem is that these non licenced taxis are being watched and if so this is when the insurance wont cover you.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 4:17 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

Phew! Was worried then lol

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 5:46 PM by jek Star rating. 249 posts Send private message

jek´s avatar

I suspect that these scare stories are a load of tosh! 

You agree to pay someone in your village to take you to the airport for half the price of a taxi.  You confirm before you start that he's insured if that worries you.  He sticks the money in his wallet and off you go.  He has an accident.  He's insured.  You're insured as the passenger.  But now you want to say that the police come along and arrest him, throw him in jail and crush his car because he's carrying passengers for money!!  Who says so??  The driver isn't going to say so.  The passenger isn't going to say so. 

Load of nonsense.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 5:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

maggie and leenaranjos are spammers!  Not sure what their motives area.

Best to ignore their comments.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 6:16 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Thanks Justin

By the way Jek it's the jealous neighbour or the Police who look at the advertising in the press who give a damm

Do a little search on an article  2 years ago un The Leader about a family who were seriously injured in an accident on the way back to the airport, the son was left disabled and they were unable to claim a penny on the insurance, perhaps they should have checked first, what do you reckon

Troll alert perhaps

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted: a new mobile phone... - 0 posts
For Sale two single bed base's silver - 1 posts
Roda Gold - threatening to sue for breach of contract because I cannot complete - 10 posts
could someone tell me what FRACT: means please - 5 posts
local house tax suma - 7 posts
Chris Barber - Have you seen this fraudster? - 2 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Leather shop Fuengirola - 5 posts
AVE discout prices - 2 posts
EndessaElectric Bill - 0 posts
Language - 25 posts
Legal tip 554. Debt reductions by Courts - 0 posts
Two silver single bed frames only - 0 posts
Pages not displaying properly in iPad - 1 posts
la herencia de casares - 5 posts
Finally here! - 5 posts
NIE applications by power of attorney - 29 posts
Wealth tax - 2 posts
INCORRECT ROAD SIGNS - 2 posts
Why to invest in Andalucia? - 5 posts
Can we register and pay for Autonamo to get onto Spanish Health System - 12 posts
cement mixer and wheel barrow - wanted - 1 posts
accessing BBC iplayer from Spain - 9 posts
iPlayer and others proxy that works well!! - 10 posts
disco equipment - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x