Days out from Los Acazares - suggestions please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2011 4:45 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

If you read this in time (or check emails while you are on holiday) - I hope that you have a great time!

Just to add to the list in case you haven't enough places to visit!  If you are interested in wine and haven't visited Bullas, it is worth a stop there.  The wine museum is particularly good and, even though it isn't free (If you are over 60, which I suspect you aren't, tell them as admission is cheaper!) you get an audioguide in English. Of course it isn't as good as Jumilla (I have to say that!) but we certainly enjoyed our visit there.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
26 Jun 2011 4:26 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Thanks Sue

Sat in a beach bar looking over the mar menor absolutely lovely! have managed the bike for the first two days only 50km and 40km but it is hot!! Unfortunately more calories going in than being burned off!

Did find what appeared to be cycling club (about 20 riders) road behind them but they did not want to communicate and as I can't speak any Spanish we didn't exactly bond! Makes me even more adamant to learn the language before we retire

Thanks for all your help

Like 0      
26 Jun 2011 8:19 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Go 2 PEARLS CHIPPY ON THE MAIN PLAZA, VERY NICE FOOD .TELL THE OWNER ( MARK FROM BOLTON SENT YOU) ,AND YOU WILL GET A FREE CHIP. MY BE NOT, BUT YOU WILL GET VERY NICE FOOD.NEW OPENING TIMES 5PM ONWARDS. YUM YUM

Like 0      
28 Jun 2011 3:51 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Kerry

If you enjoy cycling you can now get all the way round to the promenade at the far end of the Mar Menor, using the front at Los Alcazares, go past the last development through the nature reserve and campsite and come out on the road past the airport which has cycle track all the way to the front at Santiago de la Ribera, keep going past mud flats and out to the end.

Good luck

Like 0      
28 Jun 2011 4:02 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Kerry

My friend's son came across Cyclogical, who are in Quesada.  They have a website: www.cyclogicalcostablanca.com.  Apparently a gents cycling group meets on Wednesdays 10am-2pm and they cycle 30km-40km, and a ladies cycling group meets on Wednesdays 2pm-6pm and they cycle approx 30km.  There is a maximum of 10 persons and you can contact the leaders, Gary and Lynn, a Cyclogical on 637 487377.

Hope that helps!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
28 Jun 2011 6:13 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Try the train from Los Nietos to Cartagena. It runs every half hour or every hour on sats and suns. Fare 2.40 return. Los Nietos is not far below Los Alcatares on the Mar Menor. Start from the second station. Free parking.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 8:51 AM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

hi

have a look at the website www.discovercostacalida.info   theres lots of info about places and towns etc that you can visit and there are maps links

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
04 Jul 2011 9:50 AM by jamesy Star rating in Pilar de la Horadada. 7 posts Send private message

The biggest and most comprehensive guide to Murcia and What's On would be angloinfo for costa calida they list all the markets, local events and so on.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2011 8:12 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Personally I think www.simplynetworking.es not only has an extremely high level of information for all types of events but also the best news stories around.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2011 5:36 AM by musuoka Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

29 Aug 2011 10:46 AM by blackrabbitz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

yeah pearls chippy is great!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

estate agent - 1 posts
Why shoot the messenger? - 12 posts
Can a Community function? - 7 posts
Spanish Language Radio - 3 posts
AIFOS in court again ! ! ! - 11 posts
sevillana-endesa - 1 posts
BBC 1 HD signal has disappeared - 1 posts
quad bike wheels & tyres - 0 posts
Corruption matters - 2 posts
Villa Ibiza - 1 posts
International School in Campo de Gibraltar - 34 posts
The Ambassador talking. - 7 posts
Aifos owners face prison (Again) ? - 2 posts
Developers appeal against decision...who knows? - 11 posts
getting license de obra for ibiza villa - 10 posts
How do I close a joint bank account for my mother and late step father - 0 posts
Hot air balooning in Andalucia. Help please. - 1 posts
Another newbie.......... - 5 posts
Reading SOME posters posts lately .. - 3 posts
do i need an nie - 9 posts
Good News For Investors - 0 posts
Los Alcazares bike hire - 4 posts
Bank Fee's please Help - 5 posts
Income tax in Spain - 2 posts
Desperate developer or just creative? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x