Barking dogs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2011 1:31 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I have had to put up with a barking alsatian for 3 years.  The idiot owners leave it on the terrace from 7 in the morning until 8 at night and it barks at everything that moves.  As you can imagine its bark is extremely loud.  I've complained to the administrators, the vice President,and  the President who have written to and emailed them.  All to no avail they have completely ignored the requests to keep the dog quiet.

Recently my wife and I had 2 weeks off and did nothing but relax.  Relax, that's a laugh.  We had to keep the dorrs and windows shut because it barked non-stop.  On night I was in my garage underneath the house when a bloke on a scooter drove in.  I didn't know if this was the dog owner as I had never before seen him.  I wandered up the garage and sure enough he parked in the relevant houses garage.  I asked him in pigeon Spanish if the dog was his and he said it was.  I asked him why did he let it bark all day, every day and he said (in English) that if I didn't like it I should f**k off back to England.  He carried on with racist comments and I started arguing with him.  The next thing I knew was he smashed me over the head with his crash helmet which knocked me to the ground. BTW I'm 59 and he is about 28.  Whhen I got up I had to defend myself and hit him square in the mouth.  His wife arrived in their car and tried to run me over.  She went in and called the police who arrived and took our statements while the blood was pouring from my head wound.  The copper told me to get my injuries checked but as it was Maundy Thursday I said where was open?  He PRETENDED to ring a couple of health centres and told me they were closed for the Bank Holiday.  He'd seem ny injuries so I presumed that was that.

The next day 2 coppers turned up on my doorstep saying I'd been denounced and I had to got to the policia after the the bank holiday to make a statement and I had to take my own interpreter  as nobody at the station spoke English.  All this was conveyed to me in perfect English by the way.

When I made my statement my friend translated.  Afterwards I found out that this bitch of a policewoman who took the statement left out the facts that my wife was recovering from cancer and needed peace and quiet, that he had broken my glasses, shealso  said it would go to court but I didn't need a lawyer and that nothing would happen and at worst I'd be fined €300.  I said why and she told me it was because he had denounced me first that I was the guilty party.  She also left out the part where the copper had allegedly rung the health centres.  I asked her had I now denounced him and she assured me I had.  IT WAS ALL LIES!

Apparently, I found out later, I hadn't denounced him at all, also I did need a lawyer, I was immediately considered guily because he made the dununcia first and I could have faced a huge fine plus uo to 1 1/2 years community service.  The police were stitching me up and leading me bt the nose into a trap.  I must have had a 6th sense, probably due to my total distrust of ALL police and I contacted the Costa Advice Bureau who confirmed all the above.

They got me a lawyer and he approached the dog owner and told him I was going armed to the teeth with a legal team and it was going to cost him a lot of money.  However, according to his statement I was waiting for him when he got home, I walked up to him and smacked him in the mouth and thgreatened to shoot him and the dog.  Anyway he had to hire a lawyer who advised hm to drop it which the lying scumbag did.

So a story lies, corruption, violence and racism and all because of a dog and its selfish owners.

But hey guess what?  The dog hasn't barked since apart from a couple of woofs.

This message was last edited by orda on 29/05/2011.

Like 0      
30 May 2011 11:05 AM by Angell Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Terrible experience Orda but all that could have been avoided by buying an 'Ultimate Bark Control'

Like 0      
30 May 2011 2:06 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

Orda, so glad you managed to get this sorted out despite your ordeal. It seems to be a problem all over Spain in residential complexes.

Until last year we lived in Barca. When we first arrived, too many years ago to remember, there was a problem in the complex where we rented a flat whilst waiting for a villa to be renovated with barking dogs.

Many attempts were made to have the offenders control their dogs, nothing seemed to work - then suddenly the dogs started to die ( I undertand through poisoned food). Over a period of a month all was quiet and we all lived in harmony for the rest of our stay.

Even the dogs found peace.

David

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

3 or 6 months are you considered a resident in spain? - 3 posts
Legal costs - 1 posts
morgage? - 9 posts
info - 2 posts
england-spain - 0 posts
NEWBI - 3 posts
Interest free mortgage - 2 posts
Over 65 and exemption from capital Gains? - 7 posts
Internet y World Wide Web - 0 posts
EMAUS SUMMER FEST 30TH & 31ST JULY - 15 posts
freesat & post code - 5 posts
Ryanair! What counts? - 2 posts
Halifax Bank - 3 posts
112 from uk mobile? - 4 posts
Legality of Committee members - 2 posts
Cheap flights to UK from Malaga?? - 9 posts
Neil Kemp - Fuengirola - 0 posts
road show in europe - 0 posts
Winter flights into/out of Murcia - 10 posts
Made it to spain at last. - 2 posts
Costs for selling a property through Estate Agents - 2 posts
Alicante to Valencia train - 4 posts
replacing a stolen escatura - 1 posts
Tarjeta de transporte - 2 posts
tenerife tax authorities - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x