Halifax Bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2011 12:00 AM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

I used to send money from my UK Halifax current account £££'s over to my Spanish Lloyds Bank (Banco Halifax). Euros.

Not a great rate but convenient & no additional fees.

Halifax have changed their web banking (not for the better in my view) and I seem to have lost the facility for International payments.

It appears you only get that facility if you have a Halifax Reward Account with monthly fees?

Am I correct .? Anyone else encountered this.?

This message was last edited by Joe1949 on 06/05/2011.

This message was last edited by Joe1949 on 06/05/2011.

Like 0      
06 May 2011 10:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Joe

We have a Halifax (UK) Reward current a/c. Certainly there are no monthly fees, THEY give US £5 a month actually as long as it's funded with £1,000 a month. We also have a Lloyds International (Spanish) basic current a/c (where we have to keep min 600€ in generally) &, although we never transfer these days due to awful rates (we now use XE.com), we have just (to try to help) gone into the website.

Click 'my accounts', then 'Reward Current a/c', a new page opens. click on 'payments tab', you'll see 'UK Payments' and 'International Payments' so choose 'International Payments'.

What are you doing wrong?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 06/05/2011.

Like 0      
07 May 2011 12:35 AM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info .

The thing I'm doing wrong is not having a Reward Account. The facility to transfer always applied to the ordinary current account. As I don't pay in a £1000 a month I'll look at alternatives.

Thanks anyway.

Like 0      
07 May 2011 11:03 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Joe

I don't believe the free transfers have anything to do with what a/c you have as long as it's a current a/c. We have the Reward current a/c we have as our pensions go into that & direct debits out etc, incoming funds exceeed £1,000 so Halifax give us £5 monthly.

The other current a/c we could've had was the Ultimate Reward Current Account  where we would need to pay £12.50 monthly but would get various extras plus, IF we paid in £1,000 min monthly we'd be given £5 monthly.

There is also the basic current a/c. See first link.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/current-accounts/

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/help-guidance/managing-your-accounts/receiving-sending-money/international-payments/?pagetabs=1

Hope you get sorted out.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

112 from uk mobile? - 4 posts
Legality of Committee members - 2 posts
Cheap flights to UK from Malaga?? - 9 posts
Neil Kemp - Fuengirola - 0 posts
road show in europe - 0 posts
Winter flights into/out of Murcia - 10 posts
Made it to spain at last. - 2 posts
Costs for selling a property through Estate Agents - 2 posts
Alicante to Valencia train - 4 posts
replacing a stolen escatura - 1 posts
Tarjeta de transporte - 2 posts
tenerife tax authorities - 0 posts
Any Creative Writers out there? (Mijas/area) - 1 posts
Roof Box - Fuengirola - 1 posts
schools in Spain - 0 posts
Our recent advert -10%off - 1 posts
Arts and Crafts Market in the Duquesa Port - 0 posts
bank guarantor - 2 posts
mortgage guarantor - 0 posts
house insurance - 0 posts
Help for new arrivals to Spain - 2 posts
getting bus from alicante airport to Guardamar - 13 posts
Portable Gas Fire Wanted - 0 posts
To: Sr. Blanco & Sra. Corredor - 0 posts
Meter readings when selling a property - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x