Lighting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi All,

We had all our lights fitted at once by an lighting company. Only thing is the bulbs inside are not that bright. I asked electrician about a higher wattage bulb but he said couldn't use any higher. Has anyone taken light fittings fromover here and is the wiring the same as wouldn't mind changing a few. The spotlights in one of the bathrooms are great but a bit disappointed with the dimness of the others. Anyone help???

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:01 AM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi Candyfloss.   I spoke to my husband about your lights ( ex  electrical  Eng. )  he told me mostly the wiring is the same  as the uk ( but it is Spain )   the wires can be any colour , many of the fittings are made of plastic so only low wattage bulbs or it melts also some of the cables are very small and can burn, you can take fittings from the uk and they will mostly be ok,  there are some great lamps / fittings you can buy in Spain as you know  but  much now comes from China and some is not very long lasting so look carefully before you buy.     hope this helps   Rgds Rosi n

This message was last edited by rosi n on 5/26/2007.

Like 0      
20 May 2007 9:34 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You can as I found out recently, when I went to change the bulb in the bathroom ceiling fitting.  The bulb had an Edison fitting rather than a screw in.

I had to go a couple of days before I found a bulb in an English shop.

Zena

Like 0      
20 May 2007 10:34 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Rosi and semi

Thanks for that. The halogen spots in the bathroom are great so the flush fittings elsewhere must be the ones to be careful with. That makes sense. They are fine for now and will be adding lamps as we go along so apart from that I have to say we are over the moon with our new place.  Can't wait to go back next week

Like 0      
20 May 2007 11:46 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You're welcome Candyfloss.

I have found that Ardy's are very reasonable for Lamps, I bought a mother and baby floor lamp there last year for under 20e

The garden furniture is also well priced as well, got a parasol (ratchet winder) for around 30e.

Don't know if you have one in your area, but in Torrevieja coming from the 332 end go straight over the  Carrefour roundabout and take the slip road as if you were going into McDonalds.  Carry on and bear right at end, Ardy's is further down this road on the left.

Zena

Like 0      
20 May 2007 12:41 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Zena,

Have read many posts about shopping in that area. Will venture up there next visit. OMG what a brilliant price on the parasol. Paid more for an umbrella style. Should have more time to shop around next week.   Think I'll be going on my own as daughter says NO MORE FURNITURE SHOPPING!!!!! Although clothes are a different thing

Gina

Like 0      
20 May 2007 1:28 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Well Gina, you could compromise as there's a new shopping centre nearby which I can't remember the name of at the moment.  It's full of clothes shops so that should keep her happy.  Best bet is to return and park in Carrefour after you've been to Ardy's and walk back to shopping centre.  Park as near to the petrol station as you can and then you should see the entrance to the centre.

As you drive down there's a roundabout with Lidl's on the right and shopping centre is opposite.  The next roundabout is for Carrefour and McDonalds.  There is underground parking at shopping centre but people very rarely use it.

Zena

Like 0      
20 May 2007 1:33 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Habaneras is the name of the shopping centre.  Also has good DIY shop (Akis, bit like B&Q in UK) and a couple of good electrical shops for TV, radios, white goods etc.  Plus the designer clothes shops.  Not much in the way of cafes/restaurants though, just a couple of coffee and cake bars. 

Like 0      
20 May 2007 2:10 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Thanks both  Will venture up there. Got to Ikea and Condominia Neuva don't correct me on spelling, you know what I mean  so the worlds my lobster

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:07 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Just a word of warning!

Our lighting was fitted by the "furniture" package company.

When we had an English electrician to change some fittings to fans, NONE of our lights had been earthed!!!

When you change your fittings, please check they are earthed!!!!

Don't want any EOS members frazzled!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 May 2007 11:43 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Fibby

Don't fancy a home perm LOL. Dilemmas dilemmas!!!!!

Like 0      
22 May 2007 1:38 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to install lighting in an apartment in the San Pedro / Estepona region.  And also Sky.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts
Automatic cars - 5 posts
2007 FA Cup - 31 posts
Urgent transfers - 10 posts
NIE and Residency - 0 posts
Jumilla - 6 posts
All is Quiet!!! - 2 posts
concerns with our basement. - 1 posts
AIR CONDITIONED GLOVE BOXES - 26 posts
Official Document Needed for application of NIE Number - 23 posts
Electrician in spain - 0 posts
Oh my Goodness! Over 1,000 posts and no applause! - 24 posts
Torreveija area chitty chatty - 25 posts
R & S PROPERTY AND GARDEN DESIGNS - 1 posts
To store or not to store, that is a question! - 7 posts
new member - 2 posts
Live in Spain but where to holiday? - 16 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Facts right or wrong on Escitura? - 14 posts
capital gains tax. - 0 posts
What's happening with JeansSis? - 53 posts
Show house - 29 posts
Find Out the Truth About This Site - 3 posts
fishing alert - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x