Using A Trailer in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2011 00:00 by Kusty Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I know that Spanish trailers have their own Ficha Tecnica but do they have their own registration plate? Or does the trailer have to display the number of the towing vehicle. Also do they require their own insurance. Basically can I tow someone elses which does not have my car reg number on it. Do I also have to carry the documents for the trailer??

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 10:22 by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

yes the trailer should have its own plates and yes you should carry any documents with you.

as for seperate insurance i have no idea but more than likely since they have theor own registration.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2011 13:10 by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Up to 750kgs the trailer has a ficha tecnica butdoes not need it's own registration ,except if you are using it in a business. It is also covered on the vehicle insurance except when used in a business. Over 750 kg carrying capacity it needs to be registered with  it's own , red, number plate as well as the towing vehicles number plate fitted.  In addition it has to be insured seperately & is subject to road tax as well. Yes you should always have all documents with you & if you are towing a registered trailer then you also need a letter from the owner stating that you have permission to be using it.


Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2011 13:55 by Kusty Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks Delza and guslopez. That has answered a few questions for me

Like 0      
21 Apr 2011 18:59 by rewdan Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Can I use my uk car pull my uk 2500kg trailer with mini digger on the roads out there, without problems. I plan to take it to Ibiza from the uk to do my garden.

I was then thinking of leaving it there for a few years and only towing it on the road occasionally with my uk registered car ( that isn't driven for more than 6 months!). I should expect a bit of hassle but do you think I would be doing anything wrong. Being Uk the trailer has no mot or tax as would a spanish one.

I was also thinking of moving there for a few months to do the garden, if I picked up a bit of garden/digging work during that time it might come in handy before returning to the uk.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

soccerschool Camposol area - 0 posts
Indian Restaurant - 0 posts
Spanish Immersion Language Schools. - 2 posts
RUN YOUR OWN ICE CREAM BUSINESS reduced for quick sale - 0 posts
Resident in Spain? Check your Spanish bank account status! - 3 posts
Driving to murcia - 4 posts
Grupo Aleo - 0 posts
A few tricks that real estate agents use - 23 posts
English speaking Vet in Madrid? - 1 posts
Get your telescopes out in Spain... 2011 EY11 - 8 posts
Markets and Money - 1 posts
Route 66 Benimar - 3 posts
South or North? - 8 posts
What's happened to Darren James? - 2 posts
Easter Flights Possible Disruption's - 42 posts
Alex - 0 posts
Deposits and bust buiders...!!! - 3 posts
property available near murcia region, costa calida - 0 posts
NIE/non-resident certificate - 18 posts
900 euro speeding fine - 39 posts
Disposing of Fridge / Freezer - 5 posts
Motoring in Euroland - 6 posts
Los Alcazares Restaurants - 11 posts
Household bills on Long term let's? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x