costa blanca south or almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2007 12:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

sorry to be asking the same questions again. We are going to view some properties with masa international in June and we are going around Costa blanca South. We initially liked Almeria (only because this is the place we have been to), however we were put off as people say it is very quiet in the Winter with no rental potential. However I have looked today on a well known owners rental website and most of the properties have lots of availabilities therefore I am worried we will not be able to rent out a property any way. We are committed to seeing around Costa Blanca but I am having second doubts and even second doubts about choicing Spain not Algave Please advice thank you

Like 0      
16 May 2007 6:58 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

To maximise your return you have to work hard yourself at rentals

Location is very important so the right buying advice is also important

In summer you need families and in winter golfers and walkers 

I have no problems about rental prospects in Almeria [between Aguilas and Mojacar] in the right location

In Costa Blanca South there are also some good locations but again be selective...close to golf and close to beach

If the letting is important part of your purchase finances then make sure you get the best advice

This post seems to have been re-posted several times!!!! 

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
16 May 2007 8:01 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I would suggest the rental market in South Costa Blanca has reached a level at which you will have to work very hard to ensure you get an income.  There seems to be a huge amount of places to rent wherever you look and, most people I have spoken to, are lucky to rent out for 20 weeks out of the year regardless of location.  There are, quite frankly, just too many properties on the market so you really need something that makes it stand out (fab website, right on the beach, in the middle of a golf course etc).  My flat, which I don't rent out, is in the middle of three golf courses and is a 10 minute drive to the beach plus has great restaurants and nightlife and the obligatory swimming pools.  However, our street only has 4 permanent residents which means 15 duplexes and 12 villas available for rent.   Even in high season, only about 3 or 4 of them are rented out for longer than 3 or 4 weeks.

Almeria is a newer area which hasn't been fully exploited yet so the chances of renting may be better but, last time I drove through, the amount of building probably means the same situation you now have on the Costa Blanca.

And, to throw a spanner in the works, I've been reading that the powers that be are clamping down on "unlicenced" rentals.  Apparently you have to apply for a licence to rent out your property and ensure all building codes, safety features etc are being complied with before a certificate is issued.  You also have to have permission from your urbanisation committee if you live on one.  Fines of up to 20.000 euros have been imposed on renters without licences and, of course, any rental income will be subjected to tax.  Costa Blanca News (to be found on-line) has reported on this.

Like 0      
16 May 2007 8:01 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, got a yellow warning triangle to say the page could not be accessed so I submitted again.  Post went in twice and got the same yellow triangle which I ignored.

This message was last edited by bobaol on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HI - 8 posts
Discount card club - Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Cocker Spaniel puppy wants a home - 4 posts
whats the latest - 3 posts
liza - 6 posts
Hacienda Riquelme Phase 1 - 5 posts
Golf Course Design Services - 0 posts
Hola EOS - 2 posts
just joined from karen and keith hola! - 3 posts
Been away, love new look! - 5 posts
A quick word to all new members who may seem lost in EOS - 0 posts
almanzora country club - 19 posts
english mortgage or spanish - 5 posts
From Pauline & Steve - 0 posts
U.K.benefits in Spain. - 2 posts
just joined! - 3 posts
Buenos dias from Manilva - 0 posts
Rental Management - 5 posts
Wills - 2 posts
Building and contents insurance - 23 posts
good rental agents/ key holders etc Estepona - 1 posts
Out 1st December. R U ? - 0 posts
Alta Entinas - 5 posts
Venta Garcia - Casares Costa, CDS - 8 posts
sad news - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x