Malaga to Seville

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi, I am planning to go to Seville for a long weekend in March. Previously we have taken the train as I have always been worried about driving in a big city, but is there somewhere quite central we could park, which is secure and not too expensive. We plan to stay in Santa Cruz. Or somewhere just outside the city perhaps, where the car would be safe for a few days?

Thanks, Jane

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 2:55 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

We went for a 1 night stay in September and parked in an underground car park just by the park de Alcazares. It was around 20€ a day, but was safe and easy. This is perfect if you are staying in the centre of town, but can mount up if staying for long. I thought about parking on the outskirts, but the drive in is a nightmare, and I didn't fancy the chances of finding my hire car safe and sound, so chose the expensive option.

There is some on street parking if you drive around the town, but cars don't seem to worry about nudging you to get out.

Dave

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 4:09 PM by Vagabond Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

We drove down to Seville from Alicante 3 weeks ago. The drive was no problem but the traffic in Seville a different story. We vowed never again to drive to a major city although we eventually managed to park  in a secure centre car park for 19Euros per day .

We soon found out that our Sat Nav was not much use in the centre mainly because of one way traffic systems and narrow streets. Also remember that most hotels particularly in the old part of Seville do not have their own parking facilities. There appeared to be very little other off street parking available.

Not sure how easy it would be to park on the outskirts. Whatever you decide to do have a great time it is a beautiful city.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2010 4:12 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks very much

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Scam Warning - 2 posts
Have a Great Christmas Everyone - 20 posts
Watch out for retired people - 4 posts
Car hire at Murcia San Javier - 3 posts
Parking at Murcia San Javier - 3 posts
Ocean View Properties - 2 posts
El Gordo - 3 posts
The Retreat - Alicante - 0 posts
Girls Football Teams - 3 posts
Contract Law in Spain - 77 posts
Scooter for sale - 0 posts
Endesa vs Iberdrola? - 3 posts
Restaurant Internships in Spain? - 4 posts
NIE number - 2 posts
Tiles Needed to complete GALGO refuge! - 0 posts
WANTED :Spanish Plated 4 wheel Drive or Car or Motorhome - 0 posts
Plane Parking now at Alicante airport - 23 posts
3 Bedroom Villa Long Term Let Wanted - 2 posts
100 posts its a mile stone - 1 posts
Book For Sale - Revenger by Rory Clements - 0 posts
Murisha is in the House!!! - 0 posts
Habitation licence required for re-sale property - 24 posts
Mel Hazell - 1 posts
Audrey Dixon and Pink International Property - 7 posts
Van hire - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x