Pensions: British & Spanish

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I have worked in Spain for 28 years and paid up my UK National Insurance contributions (30 years) Does anyone know what the form is. How do the Spanish authorities calculate the pension and do they deduct what comes over from the UK. I have been told by Customs and Revenue Newcastle that I have to apply through the Spanish authorities. I would rather leave mu UK money in the UK and not have to enrich the banks when I need pounds for visits to the UK. Any help would be appreciated

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 1:13 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Are you saying you've contributed to both systems?

Poppyseed

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 9:54 AM by reidpj Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

Hi

You claim in the country that you are resident (within the EU) and they sort it out with any other (EU) country.

Peter

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 5:55 PM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

When I left the UK I had 18 years paid into the British system and I then started to pay into the Spanish system and have done so for almost 28 years.

During this time I made contact with Newcastle and they gave me the option to pay up 12 years to get the full pension (100 pounds a week approx) so at the amount I paid around 2500 euros  it seemed like a good investment to get 100% not 60% for however many years I have left.

They sent me a letter saying that I was now entitiled to 100% but when the time came not to contact them as it would only delay things but to make claims throught the Spanish Social Security. Well y 65th is next summer and I am not sure what will happen

Like 0      
27 Nov 2010 8:03 PM by reidpj Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

29 Nov 2010 9:49 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Benicarlo - I qualified for a UK pension before I moved here a few years ago and am now working and paying contributions to Spain.  I went to one of the roadshows run by the British Consulate and they said that when I receive my UK pension it will be paid to me by Spain, and that Spain will top it up based on my contributions here.

I don't know what will happen if Spain moves to a later retirement age before I am due my UK pension but, as I still have 10 years to go, I will just have to wait and see.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 6:15 PM by Crayford Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Does anyone have any updated info regarding the Spanish pension system, please? I have paid into the UK system and have a pension forecast from them, but now pay as an autonomo in the Canaries. I will have paid for 9 years before attemping to draw a pension, however I am unable to get any form of forecast from the Spanish authorities. I understand that Uk will pay seperately, in UK, so that is ok, but would like to find out even a rough idea of what the Spanish might pay? They have said to enquire 3 months before I am due to retire, and they will tell me, but that is 5 years away.

Is there anyone out there who has encountered this situation recently as I am obviously not the only person with this conundrum.

Thank you, Mike

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 6:56 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Go to the website of the INSS (Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social) and if you need it have someone with good Spanish capabilities help you locate the pension calculator that they have in the website.  You have to introduce the details of your contributions to the Spanish SS and the application will calculate your annual and monthly pension payments if you were to start receiving the pension in 2011.  There is no way you can calculate what your pension will be in five years' time because pensions are regulated every year in the National Budget.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

citroen c3 for sale - 5 posts
Dissolution of a Spanish Company - 5 posts
EU VS DEMOCRACY - 2 posts
Spanish car sell or swap - 2 posts
Buying US Dollars - 4 posts
Check your spare!!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell / Parador Properties - 98 posts
friends - 0 posts
Green light for Santa Maria Green Hills - 1 posts
A Demanda de Embargo - 13 posts
Gillian McKeith Song. ('I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' 2010) - 8 posts
International cooking at Christmas - 0 posts
want spainish teacher - 1 posts
Life Insurance - any recommedations? - 6 posts
Should i see the mortgage deed before completion? - 4 posts
Furniture restorer needed - Malaga Province or south Cadiz - 4 posts
WAECO Portable Fridge/Freezer -17'C - 0 posts
English website for Hondon valley - 0 posts
Christmas Menu at Charo, Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Mortgage Information - 8 posts
Electricity - changing over to dual rate - 5 posts
Dog Kennel in andalusia - 1 posts
Community payments - who decides how much? - 7 posts
what's it like at christmas - 6 posts
Alldays Supermarket in Algorfa - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x