carrfours mobile/internet

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

looking on the carrfours webpage I see they do telephone/ internet /spanish sim cards, the question is has anyone got any expierence on there producst good or bad. ie speed coverage reliability and customer service.

regards rolley

Like 0      
24 Aug 2010 7:40 PM by georgeh Star rating in condado de alhama sp.... 1462 posts Send private message

be wary of buying anything from carrefour. remember they dont speak english and returns policy is not the best. mind you they did replace my tv. but only once i discovered the receipt in my uk garage. media mart on the other hand can look you up on their computer. i got my sim card from mas mobil and they speak english, really good service.let me know if you want the number

Like 0      
25 Aug 2010 10:02 PM by John 777 Star rating in West Midlands. 109 posts Send private message

Rolley,

It might depend on how you want to use the internet. I bought a Carffour Dongle when over in Spain earlier in the summer. It was on special offer at the time at 19 euro's, plus 5 euro's for the sim card. Pay as you go was then either 1 euro a day , or 19 euro's for a month (I think). It was much cheaper than anything I found available elsewhere. Uses Movil, which was piggy backing the Orange network so had no problems with coverage.

The paperwork is all in Spanish, but it really was simple & just a case of putting the sim card in the dongle and plugging it into the laptop & in putting a pin number, which was all quite simple. There are download restrictions, but we only wanted to be able to check emails and look at a few web sites, so it was more than adequate for that. I am used to cable Broadband in UK so have a quick connection here, but the dongle was not that bad for what we used it for. Might struggle if you wanted to download large files/music though.

It will be pot luck whether you will find a member of staff in Carrfour that speaks English, but by pointing at what we wanted on the leaflet available on the counter, plus a bit of pigeon Spannish, managed to make ourselves understood.

John

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 5:53 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

thanks for that John very helpfull

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Childrens Eye Tests - 1 posts
Moving to Torrevieja for Sept/Oct....:) - 4 posts
Reclam - 6 posts
Wanted - Hotel in Marbella - 15 posts
Can anyone recommend a fantastic restaurant in Barcelona - 11 posts
29th SEPTEMBER - GENERAL STRIKE? - 13 posts
reference Les Terrazes De La Torre - 1 posts
reference Les Terrazes De La Torre - 0 posts
Does any one knows someone who is squatting his own property? - 2 posts
Murcia - Bristol, Easy Jet - 13 posts
buying spanish car and selling uk car in Nueva Andalucua - 1 posts
FOR SALE. MOBILE AIR CONDITIONER - 3 posts
Section 75 Consumer Credit Act - 0 posts
Paul and Chris Birkett from Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Advice please, petlovers? - 2 posts
Ask Cloud Refunds - 2 posts
insuring a car on British plates in spain - 3 posts
AGM called contrary to the statutes, advice please - 1 posts
Insurance Claim - Damaged Tiled Floor - 1 posts
MOBILE BROADBAND RECEPTION IN IZNAJAR - 4 posts
Telefonica Tip. - 3 posts
IBI increases - 0 posts
Hola Amigo's....Im new to EyeonSpain, come and say hi....:) - 0 posts
Information required - 2 posts
GOLF FEES - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x