PAYMENT OF I.B.I.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Sep 2010 7:03 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks again Semijubilada

This explains why only a few of us got the SUMA bill.

On my bill there are two lines of intrest:

A/O     V.Castral....                           IMPORTE

2009 16880,96                                118,16

2010 17048,96                                119,34

A/O must be the year and V.Castral some fictive value because it is only 10% of the purchase sum.

So I think I can sit tight to next year.

I will follow your advice and talk to SUMA office again and get a Direct debit.

Funny thought; V.Castral has gone up as prices have fallen 30%!

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 8:39 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Found this explanation

Many taxes in Spain are calculated by reference to the “rateable value” (valor catastral) of the property, which is assessed by the Tax Office and revised every 10 years. The valor catastral is generally considerably less than the purchase/sale price of the property.

I bought my property in 2003 and a couple of years later Torrevieja council announced that all Valor Catastral would be rising over a 10 year period.  Some properties hadn't had their VC recalculated since they were originally purchased 10 or 20 years previously and there was a huge difference between properties of a similar size and the IBI being received.

So it would appear that you to are being caught up in this gradual rise of VC.

I believe in some areas of Spain the VC has gone up 200 or 300% so I suppose we should be grateful.

As a non-resident I have to use my Valor Catastral to calculate my wealth tax and Property Owner’s Imputed Income Tax (Impuesto Sobre la Renta) .  (Wealth Tax has been set to 0%)

From what you have listed Arne it looks like you have paid 2010, I don't think the penalty figure is very large so you could delay going into the Suma office until October/November when it will be less crowded.

I bought a car last year and it has been registered with my plot number rather than my correos number.  I therefore didn't receive a car tax reminder so had to go into the Suma office to sort it out.  The suma cannot amend my incorrect address so I arranged to pay by Direct Debit for all future years. 

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 4:37 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

I got the postal address and my NIE changed online at the Ayuntamiento two years ago for car tax. But still they dont send i to me but when I got it from SUMA office evrything was correct.

Just had a chat with my neighbour. They also went to the SUMA office and was informed they had no property! And the next owner on the street had two!

They got the street address corrected online! They were also told that the Catastro is a catastrofy.

We also went down a little later to check if we were expexting any more suprises but were informed that we had paid our SUMA for car and property for 2010. Althought it was not our property number,they aviced us to pay every year for out neighbours property.

We have written to Catastro in Alicante and when we get an answer ( "can take years!") we are welcome back, get a refound and pay for our own house. The nice lady even promised we would not get fined for late payment!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 8:02 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've told the person that dealt with the car transfer at Traffico in Alicante and Suma that the incorrect address has been registered on my car papers.  Both seemed to be of the opinion that it was a good thing that no one could send me any fines etc.  Only in Spain could you get such a reaction, sometimes I even find myself giving the Spanish shrug of the shoulders.

I doubt that Traffico or the Guardia will have the same reaction if I should have the misfortune to be stopped.....

Glad to hear that you're now sorted until next year, Arne

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 10:07 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Dont belive them.

Trafico will find you sooner or later.

My dear neighbour got a Padron with the wrong address long time ago and bought a car. Lately he sold it and bought another car on a new Padron with the right address. With this new car he was cought on a speeding camera. The fine was sent to the former wrong address he got on the old car.

Correos, who are not known for good service, now mada a extrordinary effort to get this letter to my neighbour! And he recieved the letter in time to get 50% reduction!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 10:19 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

It's on my "To Do list" for my next trip over, either I'll do it myself or get someone to do it for me.

The person who lives at the incorrect address only visits once a year in August so no doubt any mail will find it's way to El Presidente or maybe even my mail box outside the house.

The joys of living in Spain....

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI Inconsistency - 2 posts
Completion of Building Projects - 1 posts
Stunning Danish Mordern Dining Suite white wash solid oak - 0 posts
For Sale - Opel Corsa - 2 posts
Spiral staircase - 6 posts
Registration costs? - 2 posts
Can anyone help Calpe - 0 posts
What are the advantages of roller shutters? - 0 posts
Developers from Spain selling in Brazil - 1 posts
Our Daily Bread - 0 posts
Room in van travelling from Plymouth to Granada - 0 posts
Cheap LHD car or van wanted in the granada area - 0 posts
How can I get the community administrator to cooperate with me - 27 posts
ron l - 2 posts
Renters,,advice wanted - 1 posts
Justin I need your help - 0 posts
Air Traffic Control Strike - 10 posts
salibor collars - 1 posts
Tunnels between santnader & salou - 1 posts
The Grace and Style of the Spaniard - 0 posts
casares area - 8 posts
Looking for Work in Spain - 3 posts
Home need for 3 cats - 1 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - Chapter 1 by Jose M.Lopez Avalos - 0 posts
Advice on spanish taxes - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x