part removals uk to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Help again please, does anyone hae any idea of cost for part removals i.e. dining table 6 chairs 2 chests of drawers and a corner cabinet from Uk to Spain at moment have been quoted from £400 to £600 as is 6 cub metres is this reasonable? , or am I just being silly thinking it is a hell of a lot of money..not quite sure what t think so any experiences will be welcome

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 7:53 PM by chesarina Star rating in U K & Costa del Sol.. 33 posts Send private message

Hi 

Try Shiply  ( google it )   Its an auction site  You enter what you want delivered and where to , and various  transporters send the bids to you by e mail . Some are ridiculous, but people come in with a lower quote till it gets around the sum you you want  to pay.  But I got a very reasonable quote for patio furniture U K to Costa del Sol  for about £ 190 door to door.  These are people who make regular runs and are topping up loads  ~  all insured etc.    See how you go

Ches

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 9:10 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

cheers Ches will try this, many thanks

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 5:43 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Amthomo, the items you've stated wouldn't amount to 6 cubic metres. I used "Pinkies" a few months back (I wont post a link as I suspect not allowed) just google pinkies+spain or pinkies european. Stuff goes on an artic and at the time they charged £250 for anything up to 3 cubic metres (which beat aIl the van quotes I'd had by a mile). Each added cubic metre they charged £50 so I thought it better value to send more stuff across than I'd originally intended. I ended up paying £400 as I got a bit carried away but reckon I had at least twice as much gear as you've described. Misc furniture, full-sized table-tennis table, loads of plasterboard and timber, even 30metres of floor tiles which seemed to weigh a ton!

More than happy to recommend them - Alby and Siobhan, husband and wife team. Nice people and a job well done.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 2:44 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

When a van is returning from the uk, like one way vans say, they are normally empty, so if you offer to say cover fuel back, say 250 should be able to get it cheap.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2010 7:08 PM by manutd73 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

try eu trans direct they always have space coming back from UK at negotiable rates! They are in the coastrider and euro weekly newspapers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts
"Taster" Music Lessons - 0 posts
CAMINO DE CASTILLA (WHITE WINE) - 0 posts
COCKROACHES-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! - 21 posts
HELP!! - 11 posts
WE NEED A BETTER COMMUNITY FORUM FROM EOS - 2 posts
Wine in a box - 0 posts
TOBI STEAMER FOR SALE - 2 posts
Bobaol-for your retirement-mysteries of life - 2 posts
LEFT HAND DRIVE TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE - 0 posts
Porto Fino, Almerimar - Community Charges - 1 posts
Advise needed please regarding "DACION EN PAGO" - 2 posts
Car boot sale at the Hipodromo - 6 posts
Capital gains tax - 3 posts
Powerpoint presentations now won't play. - 6 posts
Sky Subscriptions - Looking for a company that arranges them - 9 posts
A Spring to Summer Love Affair … - 3 posts
paperwork requirments for renting a property - 5 posts
tax implications when renting my apartment - 0 posts
Buying rustic property with alterations - 10 posts
Buying rustic property with alterations - 0 posts
Spanish Banks - 5 posts
Spanish lawyers not fulfilling their duty - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x