Sky + Box or similar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by costello Star rating in Co Durham. 45 posts Send private message

Hello,

I have a shared sish on my neighbours roof. I can with my dark box pick up most freeview channels. Are there any boxes available in Spain that can record from the tv, similar to sky +. I know you need two cables for recording different channels as in the uk. Im not too bothered as long as we can record the channel we leave it on if we go out. I used to bring my box from home (shhhhhhh) but im getting sick of undoing the cables and then trying to sort it out when i return. Im not good when it comes to scart cables etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 8:32 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Hi,

OK. Freeview is a UK and UK only digital TV service trans,mitted from the UK land based masts and received via a TV aerial. Freeview is NOT available in SPain. Many channels on Freeview are available "free to air" on satellites, although some Freeview channels are PAY on satellite.

There are many FTA satellite receivers that allow you to record. Many these days come with a USB port so you can record to a USB memory stick. They also allow the playing of movies saved on the USB stick that you may have downloaded from when in the UK. One or to versions of the barkbox also have USB stick, if I rememeber correctly, but the software in the boxneeds updateing to enable it.

Have you considered a DVD / HDD player recorder. Connect to the darkbox and record?

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WANTED, car or van, also m,cycle, any size - 0 posts
WANTED;fairprice paid will travel upto 300 miles to collect?lcd flatscreen, 32.37 or 40 inch, also sky digi box or similar - 0 posts
part removals uk to spain - 5 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts
"Taster" Music Lessons - 0 posts
CAMINO DE CASTILLA (WHITE WINE) - 0 posts
COCKROACHES-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! - 21 posts
HELP!! - 11 posts
WE NEED A BETTER COMMUNITY FORUM FROM EOS - 2 posts
Wine in a box - 0 posts
TOBI STEAMER FOR SALE - 2 posts
Bobaol-for your retirement-mysteries of life - 2 posts
LEFT HAND DRIVE TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE - 0 posts
Porto Fino, Almerimar - Community Charges - 1 posts
Advise needed please regarding "DACION EN PAGO" - 2 posts
Car boot sale at the Hipodromo - 6 posts
Capital gains tax - 3 posts
Powerpoint presentations now won't play. - 6 posts
Sky Subscriptions - Looking for a company that arranges them - 9 posts
A Spring to Summer Love Affair … - 3 posts
paperwork requirments for renting a property - 5 posts
tax implications when renting my apartment - 0 posts
Buying rustic property with alterations - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x