Denuncia fine for no insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by franmdell Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi all im new on here any advise please, I was spopped by the guardia driving home from a local restuarant in Jan 2010, I had gone out taking a new handbag and had not transfered my documents to my new handbag, so was in trouble already for not carrying my documents, the police run a check on my car and advised that I didnt have insurance, I tried to explain that I did in my best Spanish ( which is very limited ) as I had taken out insurance with La linia in September when I bought the car, I didnt here anything further so thought that was it, on returning to Spain in April after a short trip to the uk I picked up a recorded delivery letter which I had to pick up in Estepona I recieved 2 DEenuncias 1 for 150 euros and 1 for 1500 euros I asked around a few people that I know that understand some spanish that I had 10 days from the date of the letter to go to trafico in Malaga to sort out the problem, but this had lapsed, on checking my documents I found that on the insurance policy La linea had the wrong details for my car reg it was a diget out the 3 was a 0 on the policy which explained why it wasnt showing on the police checks, I contacted La linea about this and they reissued the documents with the correct information, I took all of this to a Gestoria in Fuengirola who I used for the purchase of my car, but again I speak little Spainish and the Gestoria speaks no english, they did a letter gave me a copy of it and charged me 23 euros, Last week I again recieved a recorded delivery letter to collect in Estepona, when I went to collect this it had been returned to sender as 7 days had lapsed the guy behind the counter said it was from trafico because of the ref on it, I spoke to a girl that I know who speaks spanish, she said not to worry as they normaly resend 3 times I left it a few days and then she called the trafico for me, she advised me that they no longer resend and I would n eed to go to Malaga early in the morning and get a ticket and wait to seesomeone, but thinks that they only speak spanish so I may need to find a translator who would go with me, early and be able to sit around and wait to be seen, I dont know any translators, I dont know where in Malaga I need to go, I only drive around my local area and would be terified of having to go into malaga, anyone with any advise Please

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 9:57 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Franmdell - welcome to the forum! 

I think you have 2 options, either you find a lawyer or gestor who speaks english and get them to deal with it completely or you find a translator (the free papers always have ads) and go together to Trafico.  Either way will cost you money but could save you in the long run.

Good luck.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 11:36 AM by franmdell Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks Claire Im going to try and find an English gestoria in my area this afternoon, iv been told that there is a site that you can check to see what fines you have outstanding, as I dont even know if im still due to pay or if its been sorted out, anyone know where this is or any information on it

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 8:36 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Franmdell:

Before than going to Malaga, why do not you go with a translator ( or a friend who speaks both english and spanish) to the gestoria which sorted paperwork out for you? They might be able to help you further. Specially as they did the deal, you can rightly ask tjem to finally help you to sort eveything out definitely

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts
help wanted - 1 posts
Information, please? - 2 posts
Why do we get so many new members wanting to move to Spain? - 29 posts
Playing around! - 0 posts
Calahonda International School - 2 posts
Spanish postal service reliability - 2 posts
New on here and need some good advice... - 15 posts
Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts
Horse riding stuff for sale - 0 posts
advice needed please - 1 posts
Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed - 12 posts
England Match - 2 posts
Winter heating - 4 posts
Court costs - 2 posts
Because we're worth it. - 6 posts
TASA Costa Esuri - help - 0 posts
Holiday let required please - 1 posts
Inheritance Taxes - 26 posts
Postal Service: Urgent help Needed, please - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x