Inheritance Taxes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jun 2010 12:55 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Norm

Let's get back on track!

I would prefer to see Spain challenged on the use of its deemed or artificial values.

If you buy cheap then you have to pay tax by reference to Junta Andalucia (based on multiple of catastral value).

and if you sell cheaply then the tax office (Agencia Tributaria) for capital gains tax purposes will have their own Arquitecta Tecnica re-value the property based on property sales websites (properties NOT selling) and/or a land + build cost * multiple.

Both of these practices are a farce with the property market in the state that it is ....... and you have desperate sellers!

Whatever the tax I just want to see people assessed by actual transaction price. As regards capital gains tax the target is the extranjero.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 1:05 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

These provisions apply to everybody and not just non-residents.  If you feel otherwise, complain to Brussels.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 5:56 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes have read some of your helpful posts on www.belegal.com.  In fact it has helped me out in the past with a legal matter.

It will be good if Brussels do something about this perhaps other things may come from it? 

Leema Norm de Plume is an assumed name like a pen name we all live and learn.

Pat   

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 8:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Norm, you started the thread with .........

Spain have been give 2 months to rectify their discrimination in Inheritance Tax for non-residents.  If they do not comply, the matter will be referred to the European Court of Justice

Jimbo's post, a copy & paste, says ............. The European Commission requests Spain to change its inheritance and gift tax
provisions for non-residents or assets held abroad ...
If there is no satisfactory reaction to the reasoned opinion within two months, the Commission may decide to refer the case to the Court of Justice of the European Union.

You said This is the news hot off the press from Brussels yet the copy & paste has a date of April 2010. It's June 21st now.

I suggest there's much wishing & hoping going on. If you have had any input in any change which will benefit me I would like to say thank you.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 9:17 AM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Personal remarks **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 22/06/2010.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 9:44 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thank you EOS for editing that remark. There really was no cause, Norm, to be rude towards me, especially as I said

If you have had any input in any change which will benefit me I would like to say thank you.

I am removing myself from this thread.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 12:23 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Sense of humour failure?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Postal Service: Urgent help Needed, please - 3 posts
Garden Centres, DIY stores etc in Albox/ Huercal-Overa Area? - 6 posts
Paying Car Tax In Spain - 14 posts
driving from uk to spain - 8 posts
quesada? - 5 posts
Does anybody on the Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
With age comes wisdom - 0 posts
Amuerga,sl - 0 posts
Administrator costs - 3 posts
schools in playa flamenca any help please - 2 posts
Is this another good reason not to buy property in Spain - 19 posts
Why I love EOS... - 10 posts
Simple Irish Logic! - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 2 posts
help needed with schooling in playa flamenca - 1 posts
starting to move on.. playa flamenca here we come - 2 posts
A Totally New Use for Febreze.... - 0 posts
Can Someone Pleae Help? - 5 posts
fiestas around moriara - 7 posts
Another Nice Story..... - 0 posts
Camposol D with no car? Good or bad please? - 3 posts
World Cup Fever!! - 66 posts
Car rental/to buy - Estepona area - 4 posts
Rental -Costa Galera, Estepona - 0 posts
Servicta Estrella - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x