Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by kiptic Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

hi every one

i have searched google for info in the local state schools in playa flamenca and we have hit a brick wall . we plan to move over as soon as our house is sold , but the big worry is the schools. like most parents we just want a simple move with no hassles. our girls are aged 5 and 11 so we are sure they will get on fine, my partner steve is doing all the dogs work in the selling and buying side of things with me looking at the schools. I have never found anything so hard to gain info about ... if anyone can help me who stays local with a couple of school names or a webpage of the school or a telephone number i would be gratfull as untill i get this sorted and fixwd i am afraid we wont be going anywere...gail once again many thanks to you all

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 7:45 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Kiptic and welcome to the forum.  It can be really hard to find any information on the internet in Spain, they don't use it as much as they do in the UK.

You could try the Orihuela Costa official council website - http://www.orihuela-costa.eu/index_ing.php - there is a page there about the education system.  I can't find any actual details of the schools themselves but I know there is a school at the top of the market street and there is one in Los Dolces.  These schools both have lots of temporary buildings and there have been lots of complaints about this, so I think you should check it out carefully.  Many brits here use the international schools instead but at the age of your children it would be great if they could integrate with the local kids.

You will see an email address for Stefan Pokroppa on the website - he speaks english and you could email him and ask for specific info on the local schools.

There are lots of us on the forum from the area so don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 2:19 PM by hanakd1 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

hanakd1´s avatar

I have sent you a PM with some basic details on regarding the registration process.Hope they are of some help to you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is this another good reason not to buy property in Spain - 19 posts
Why I love EOS... - 10 posts
Simple Irish Logic! - 0 posts
JOB FOR HOUSE IN SPAIN THIS SUMMER - 2 posts
help needed with schooling in playa flamenca - 1 posts
starting to move on.. playa flamenca here we come - 2 posts
A Totally New Use for Febreze.... - 0 posts
Can Someone Pleae Help? - 5 posts
fiestas around moriara - 7 posts
Another Nice Story..... - 0 posts
Camposol D with no car? Good or bad please? - 3 posts
World Cup Fever!! - 66 posts
Car rental/to buy - Estepona area - 4 posts
Rental -Costa Galera, Estepona - 0 posts
Servicta Estrella - 2 posts
CHOOSING A SOLICITOR TO HELP COMPLETE PURCHASE IN LOS ALCAZARES - 1 posts
Sparklet - 1 posts
What's On Where? - 3 posts
For lovers of life and stunning photography - 3 posts
Pay as you go mobile broadband using a usb dongle (Mijas Costa) - 3 posts
Legal tip 277. Low cost action against Banks. Manifesto by Costaluzlawyers - 0 posts
Legal tip 300. Banks properties for Banks liabilities - 8 posts
Hello, First Time Looking to buy in Villamartin or Surrounding Area - 15 posts
Router problem - 3 posts
satelite tv set up - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x