Car spray paint

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by cannylad Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

My little car has been scraped on the front wing and door. Nothing out the ordinary for Spain i know. I am looking to get this repaired, and would like it the same colour as the rest of the car lol. Any recommends for FUENGIROLA area please.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 6:24 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Cannylad

You know the tyre place near Iceland in Fuengirola, well I'm sure I have seen spray paint in there shop.To get an exact match you would need to go the main dealers parts dept.

S

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 8:27 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Two things I have found here is the main dealers don't sell touch -up sprays or the little brush touch-ups , like you can get in the UK.

I,ve never found matching car paints anywhere here.Fortunately I found a car re-finisher supplier here in Lorca.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 1:48 PM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

I recently had several little scrapes etc dealt with by Chipsaway ... they are close to Malaga Airport - just googel them

They also do airport parking as well

Fortunately I had to pop over to the UK so left it with them whilst I was away - they did the paintwork and when I collected it there was no charge for the parking!!

I was very pleased with the work - I had always used a main dealer before but was nott impressed the last time with either the quality or the cost.

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 7:08 AM by sidyid Star rating in Gebas, Sierrra espun.... 32 posts Send private message

If anyone finds out where you can buy car paints by the litre I would be interested, I was a car sprayer in a previous live and still have all my own equipment, I have a couple of jobs to do on my own vehicles (Murcia area)

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 8:16 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

guslopez,

Toyota supply touch up brush paints. They are very good!! Even have the lacquer for metallics.

pilgrim

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 10:42 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Sidyid, there's one here in Lorca whose name escapes me @ the moment, but it's hard to find even if you live here. supplies everything for re-finishing. Just found a bill from them but there names not on it!!! I'll track down the name ,etc; & post it.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 2:06 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Sidyid, It's   Lorca Autocolor

Calle Jardineros,no; 8 "La Viña",

Lorca, 30800                  Móvil:619 92 15 84 / 619 69 19 78

Telf / Fax; 968 44 15 84

If you need directions let me know.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2010 6:24 PM by sidyid Star rating in Gebas, Sierrra espun.... 32 posts Send private message

Many thanks for your help, I am only half an hour from Lorca so will give them a ring.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2021 1:02 PM by Scaasid Star rating in Donna Peppa 2,Ciudad.... 1 posts Send private message

I recently bought Aerosoll matching Car PAINT for my Citreon Xsara Picasso to repaint laquer lifted from bonnet due to sun damage.
Rocamora SL.
Av Cortes Valencianas,8
Torrevieja
Tel: 965714081.
I gave them the Paint Code from the car and they mixed me an Aerosol of that Colour.
Found Paint Code using Citreon search on google.
Aerosols I purchased
1. 400ml can Media grey primer filler.
2. 400ml can Coded paint made up for me as I waited.
3. 400ml can Clear Laquer Last coat
I also purchased a Spraying Mask this cost more than the Cans but it is a necessity when spraying Paint.
They sell this all plus wet and dry paper at Rocamora they were very helpfull and confirmed on everything I was going to do as correct.
Friday evening out of direct sun on my drive I did the following. 
I used bin liners to mask aareas I did not want painting. Has it was my Bonnet 
I used sander to get all the old paint off. finished surface with all of graded wet and dry paper from bricolage.
Wiped dry and completed by wiping using IPA solent to remove any dust.
Shake cans well test spray pattern on piece of cardboard for all cans.
Sprayed Primer, wait 15mins 800grade Wet and dry paper cleaned dry finished with IPA to remove any dust.
Sprayed Coded paint horizontal spray pattern from top to bottom keeping moving left then right ensure full coverage 
left to dry 30 mins.
Used ultra high Wet and Dry to remove orange peel but very lightly as not a lot there.
Dust off using Microfibre cloth with IPA on it.
Sprayed Laquer using same procedure as Coded paint plus up and down spray to finish off.
Leave to dry. NOW to Wait 3 weeks before using Rubbing Compound, polishing and waxing as paint needs to cure.
before doing this.
Good Luck.
Dave.

This message was last edited by Scaasid on 11/09/2021.

This message was last edited by Scaasid on 11/09/2021.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts
I've just had another birthday (29th March, not 29th birthday!) - 4 posts
Advise on property purchase in duquesa - 17 posts
Justin and Maria - 2 posts
Girlfriend Wanted - 23 posts
Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts
In need of help!!! - 5 posts
Large quantity of baby boy clothes - 0 posts
Places to Visit - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
IVF in Spain - 0 posts
Demolitions appeal accepted - 3 posts
driving from barcelona to cartagena - 1 posts
Is Spain finally moving out of recession? - 24 posts
Easter processions Malaga - 7 posts
Signing title deeds for a property in Spain - 6 posts
Awning for sale - 0 posts
Automatic Translation Tool - 2 posts
Recommended Hotels from Malaga to Bilbao - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x