Girlfriend Wanted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Hello everyone
I am a very handsome British Bulldog looking for a girlfriend. I am 2 and a half years old and people are always stopping us in the street to tell my parents how gorgeous I am 
I have a very good build for a bulldog and I am lovely natured, kind and gentle too. (Photo's available).
I am still a virgin but as I keep trying to mount girlies on my walkies my mum says it's about time I became "a man" 
If you know of a female bulldog who could maybe be my girlfriend please contact us by pm.
My mum does have previous experience of breeding bulldogs, and she says she won't allow me to "do it" in June or July as it would be too hot for any potential girlfriend to carry my babies in the summer months.
Thank you to everyone for reading this (my mum posted it on my behalf!) I do hope there is someone out there to help x

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 6:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Woof woof!

You didn't mention that you can skateboard too...that's got to impress the ladies!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 7:00 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Buzylizzie - I am at a loss to understand why you want to bring more dogs into this world, unless it's for monetary gain?  Animal shelters are full to over-flowing with unwanted animals, especialy dogs, why do you want to add to the problem (or perhaps you already have homes lined up for your dog's anticipated litter?).  If your dog is getting over-excited, why don't you have him neutered?  Be part of the solution, not the problem!

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 10:07 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

I agreed with Merrylegs, there are SO MANY UNWANTED DOGS IN SPAIN why produce more?  All the dog homes are overflowing with dogs of all sorts including pedigrees, please think seriously about having him neutered.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 10:56 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

why do people have to turn every thing into a political debate. You want breed ur dog breed it.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 11:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Politics? Huh? Ethics, more like. Oh, and there's a clue in the name - this mutant breed is wholly unsuitable for the climate here. Get him neutered, it's the only responsible thing to do.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 11:40 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Why is the forum so negative, political and, well, downright nasty these days!

Someone such as buzzylizie starts a nice, new thread and just about everyone jumps down her throat like a tonne of bricks!!!

Come on guys 'n girls - Let's stick with the spirit that EOS started with and try and be nice and polite with ones views and comments.

Our Tyler would be horrified to see such things happening on this forum where he learnt so much about moving to Spain.

The reason behind unwanted dogs is nasty, unthinking, unfeeling people, who are in my opinion, just as unwanted on the face of this planet by people like us who care for dogs, and treat them humanely... or should I say as if they own the place! lol

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 10:28 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I read this thread just after merrylegs posted & I thought 'should I comment?' as I am in total agreement with merrylegs & now also Rosemary, (llamacalmer) & Roberto. At the time I decided I wouldn't.

Now .... 256 views but only 6 posts!! Let's hope the other 250 that (maybe) chose not to risk comments from others over their views feel there's enough dogs in shelters both in Spain & in the UK as well as elsewhere. Think of those poor animals & don't breed more. I can never understand the reasoning behind breeding whether for gain or any other reason & if my views are considered unacceptable then (to be honest) I don't really care.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 31/03/2010.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 1:38 PM by dogs Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

It`s better to breed dogs and make sure they have good homes as most good breeders do rather than let dogs breed and run the streets.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 3:38 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

Maybe time better spent with things like bombers on trains, and breeding scum takeing over the uk.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 4:43 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

I agree wholeheartedly with Morerosado and Roberto etc. re the ethics of breeding.  Also I find I don't post as much as I used to as most topics seem to get hijacked by certain poster's if you dare to find anything positive about living in Spain. (which I know is not the title of this thread but just wanted to give my reason)

Kathy

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 6:07 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

If you want to breed your dog, breed him.

We have a Liver Lab, and were asked the other day, by a spanish lady if we would like to breed him. She knows lots of people that would love a Liver Lab. Digger has been neuted, so we could not help. Not every one wants a dog from a pound, you don't know what sort of problems they may have. We did not get Digger from a pound, he came from a local breeder. Having a child it was vital that we knew what sort fo dog we were getting.

It often looks a lot like bullying on this site.

I favor the Thumper advice, ''If you can't say somthing nice, don't say anything at all''

I could say a whole lot more here, but won't bother.

Take care, regards Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 6:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"It`s better to breed dogs and make sure they have good homes" - and far, far better to NOT breed dogs, and not take the risk that, once the cute factor wears off and the realisation of the commitment, responsibility and cost kicks in, they just wind up in the shelters along with all the rest. As for a "nice, new thread", come on, Techno, isn't it obvious from the responses that a lot of people feel strongly about this and find the topic quite abhorrent? Ask Justin to make his next survey on this, and judge for yourself. If everyone is "jumping down her throat like a tonne of bricks", well what the hell do you expect?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 6:20 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Uh oh .... I have been asking myself whether to add my views to this post since the thread was started ....

Im a real dog lover and it is really upsetting to hear about so many dogs and puppies that are abandoned, mistreated, or bred purely for financial gain, so Im in agreement with other posts on this thread in terms of dont do it!

Sorry but this is my strongly felt view on the matter

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 6:53 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Well well well -  what a controversial thread I have started!

First of all, I am a very responsible owner and I have had British Bulldogs for the past 20 years, both in the UK and here in Spain. If you look after your dog properly and responsibly there is no reason why they shouldn't be in Spain - Winston Churchill took his everywhere and that didn't suffer . Does that mean that Shetland ponies should all be taken back to the Shetland Isles? German shepherds should be taken to Germany, and all huskies should go back to the snow to pull sledges? I don't think so!

I know there are pounds full of dogs - I don't need to be told this, and in fact I do give a percentage of my earnings to charities for animals. The pounds are full of dogs due to irresponsible owners, as has already been mentioned, but that doesn't mean all dogs should be neutured!

I have taken advice from my vet - who btw is an excellent vet and trained in UK - and he thinks my dog is one of the best, if not the best, bully he has ever seen! He has absolutely no objections to me finding a girfriend for him and we have in fact discussed this in the past. I have never met an owner of a British Bulldog who does not treat them responsibly, although I will not rule out the probability that there are some.

At the end of the day, it is down to choice and I prefer Bulldogs, and I know I'm not the only one.

I will not reply to this thread again - I have noted people's opinions (which is not why I started the thread), and I have discussed this many times at length in the past with people who are actually qualified to do so, so I'm really not going to spend my time arguing the rights and wrongs of dog breeding. People's opinions differ. It's not as though I'm setting up a puppy farm!

Enjoy the Easter weekend

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 01/04/2010.

Like 0      
31 Mar 2010 8:42 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Buzylizzie,

Well said, you go girl!

All my best, take care, Febe

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 3:25 PM by merrylegs Star rating in Switzerland. 50 posts Send private message

merrylegs´s avatar

Buzylizzie,

I find that your two posts contain contradictions.  You describe yourself as "a very responsible owner" and that you do not need to be told that "the pounds are full of dogs due to irresponsible owners".  Despite this, you refer to your "previous experience of breeding dogs", and your desire to breed your present bully, all of  which, presumably, you do, and have done, for financial gain?  Thus, can it be argued, that despite the fact you consider yourself to be a responsible dog owner, you are nonetheless quite prepared to increase the already over-populated canine population in order to make money?

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 4:28 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

The dog pounds are not full of dogs that people have taken as a pet & then dumped when the realisation dawns of the costs, ties or the novelty wears off. They are mainly full of stray dogs &  puppies born from these. No one is going to pay a 1000 € + & then chuck out a pedigree dog. ( That's the going rate for a pedigree, last time I looked & it's chipped & registered, so you can't dump it )

A British , or English,Bulldog is not a 'mutant' it is one of the 4 national animals of the UK & should not be confused with the American or French version.

A survey will only show the result of those who can be bothered to vote , like the general elections where normally 60  % don't bother.

If someone wishes to breed their dog responsibly, I have no problem one way or the other but please let's not accuse them of filling dog pounds. If all the pedigree breeders refused to breed there dogs would the pounds become empty ? No , of course not as the irresponsible owners will still not have their dogs neutered & still be breeding all over the place plus the puppy farmers that breed for pet shops will still be doing the same. The only people,& dogs,  that will be suffering are the decent law abiding ones , just like the situation in the UK @ present. Yes, I own dogs, 3, 1 came from the UK & 2 others that were abandoned here, the most recent 10 mths ago. Since I have lived here I have had approx. 14 dogs abandoned here, that I have been stuck with some I have kept & others that I have taken 80 KMs to kennels for fostering @ my expense. I'm hoping to catch someone dumping  a dog one day.( Another for Febe's list to shoot !)

Personally I think that anyone who owns a dog should be registered ,as should the dog ,& people should be made aware that it is the same as having a child & treat it as such. Then again as Esteban said, when you look @ the scum having children in the UK they should be stopped from having either!

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 4:49 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Well said guslopez,

Our dog if chipped as they should all be. We had friends who lost a chipped dog, they never got it back! You can't win. At least it gives us a chance of finding him. The other thing we've done is put a dirty great bid tag on his collar with our phone umber on it. The vet thought that was a really good idea.

Dog dumpers added to list.

It's a shame Buzylizzie won't post here again, I hope she's looking at the thread. There is support for her.

Regards, Febe

Like 0      
01 Apr 2010 5:00 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Having had dogs for many years I think you have to be pragmatic on this subject. There are those (including myself) that would never go to a dog breeder, but would always go and look for a pleasant and unfortunate stray that is looking for a friend. There are others however, who would prefer to pay much more for a pedigree of their choice. I don't think they should be denied that choice, even though it is not my view. The first key message should be to discourage irresponsible owners who allow their dogs to breed randomly. The second key message should be to encourage anyone wanting a dog to visit a pound first.

Just accept that those people who replace their new Jag every two or three years with another new one, will not shop around the second hand market looking for a hidden jewel.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts
In need of help!!! - 5 posts
Large quantity of baby boy clothes - 0 posts
Places to Visit - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
IVF in Spain - 0 posts
Demolitions appeal accepted - 3 posts
driving from barcelona to cartagena - 1 posts
Is Spain finally moving out of recession? - 24 posts
Easter processions Malaga - 7 posts
Signing title deeds for a property in Spain - 6 posts
Awning for sale - 0 posts
Automatic Translation Tool - 2 posts
Recommended Hotels from Malaga to Bilbao - 1 posts
need a decorator with 35 yrs experience: - 0 posts
Uploading Documents into Communities - 4 posts
Sell my timeshare - 4 posts
Coffee Break Spanish - 1 posts
Website to check if you have any speeding or parking tickets in Spain - 2 posts
Raise cash payable on sale of property - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x