Girlfriend Wanted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2010 8:51 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I can see both sides of this.  If responsible owners like Buzylizzie have their dogs neutered, won´t this mean certain breeds of dogs dying out?  Many years ago my (ex) husband and I bought a pure bred Labrador, who was the perfect dog for a growing family and very well behaved.  Now my newly acquired second husband and I own a mixed breed, which we got from the local refuge and have now adopted.  There were lots of other dogs in the refuge, some of whom were pure bred and others were mongrels, however we didn´t have any choice as Lisa had already decided to adopt us!  Although not an expert on dogs, I think one advantage of buying a pure bred dog is that you generally know its characteristics.  Having said that, many so called fierce dogs like Dobermans are only that way because of the way they have been trained!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
02 Apr 2010 6:26 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"I can see both sides of this."

Same here Sue, same here!

Which is why you will notice that I didn't comment on whether to breed dogs or not, and you will also notice that I help support stray and un-wanted dogs.

If... and that is a very, very big if... the Mrs and I have another dog, because our Tyler has left us with a huge hole in our hearts, then I must admit that we would first look to home a stray or un-wanted dog, as these dogs are the ones that need a loving home the most... in our opinion.

However, I can also see that responsible dog breeders offer pure breeds to mainly responsible owners. I say mainly, because our Tyler, who was a pure breed Rottweiler, at first was not given to a responsible owner...in fact I will go on record to state that his first owner was, and still is, and @r*****e, and should not be allowed to keep any animal as a pet! And that is the reason why Tyler came to us, because of an owner who was in immature, jumped up, little p**** who used to beat Tyler.

Mind you, saying all this, to us, Tyler was much, much more than a pet... he was one of the family.

So, I feel that one should continue to be allowed to responsibly breed dogs, but I would not do so myself as I have never done so, and thus would leave it to those who have such experience.

And I still stand by my earlier comments.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 6:05 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Well I did say that I wouldn't post on this thread again, but merrylegs you presume wrong! Very wrong. 

I will keep the puppy, and it will become part of the family just like his dad.

Please be sure of what you are saying before you make such unfounded accusations in future!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2010 4:33 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

As people are obviously interested I am posting an update.

Firstly, many thanks to everyone who sent pm's - your support is appreciated.

We have found a girlfriend and she is absolutely gorgeous - really gorgeous - so hopefully by Christmas time I will have a baby bully come to live with us and her daddy, and she will be treated like a little princess.

The owner of the girly bully will be keeping her puppies too so we are not doing this for financial gain!

I will let you all know if and when the babies are due, and may post a photo or two when they arrive.

In the meantime - if anyone see's a British bulldog in a pound/dogs home let me know and I will re-home it.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Helldorado on BBC1 tonight (Wales only) - 15 posts
Furniture & Fittings of a 2 bedroom apartment For Sale - 0 posts
Internet connection - 1 posts
Low cost airline Edinburgh to Barcelona - 1 posts
Interesting programmes on SKY TV - 1 posts
No Weather this Week? - 1 posts
Working in Altea - 2 posts
In need of help!!! - 5 posts
Large quantity of baby boy clothes - 0 posts
Places to Visit - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
IVF in Spain - 0 posts
Demolitions appeal accepted - 3 posts
driving from barcelona to cartagena - 1 posts
Is Spain finally moving out of recession? - 24 posts
Easter processions Malaga - 7 posts
Signing title deeds for a property in Spain - 6 posts
Awning for sale - 0 posts
Automatic Translation Tool - 2 posts
Recommended Hotels from Malaga to Bilbao - 1 posts
need a decorator with 35 yrs experience: - 0 posts
Uploading Documents into Communities - 4 posts
Sell my timeshare - 4 posts
Coffee Break Spanish - 1 posts
Website to check if you have any speeding or parking tickets in Spain - 2 posts
Raise cash payable on sale of property - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x