Great News

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Mar 2010 9:15 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Ads

Sorry, I didn´t mean to suggest that you were knocking it - I was just using it in general terms!  Where we live, most of our neighbours are young people buying their first home although there are a few older people living here too.  What we´ve noticed is that many of them are furnishing their flats slowly, as and when they can afford it, and obviously still living at home with their families.  It´s a bit different inland as house prices haven´t been hiked up in the same way, but as I said before rent to buy schemes have suddenly appeared here where we didn´t see anything like that when we first visited the area.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
22 Mar 2010 9:43 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I'd love to see a project of this magnitude get the go-ahead.  it would provide the much sought after boost that the building and other local businesses have been waiting for.  However I do feel that there may be an element of devilry going on here.  What I feel is going on is this is the only way that the regional gov't is able to re-stimulate foreign interest in the property market, and get investors to purchase property in the (misguided) hope that that this project will encourage a flood of tourism into the area.  This was exactly the sort of rumour that was circulating at the height of the property boom a few years ago.  And look what happened - zilch!!!!!!!  Still whatever happens with this project, if the idea works it will make a lot of people happy - including me, it will provide yet another attraction to the area that has an awful lot to offer.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2010 9:59 AM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Is there no official way to find out? Surely "they" should have learned lessons by now that to fabricate the truth will only alienate the purchasing public even more! If I was purchasing in that area I would ask for official proof, or make a judgement that it didn't matter either way   It would be interesting to know if the majority of  locals are behind this scheme or feel alienated against it?

. If "they" are not careful and this is an act of devilry then this could backfire badly as there would be yet more cynicism towards the Spanish authorities. If the authorities want people to invest then  they have a lot of trust building to do and ensure that no local politicizing is likely to ensue, where one authority overrides the other and Jo public becomes the pawn in the middle. (Sorry but we are back to the justice debate where consumers are adequately protected and reassured by effective laws and practices.)

I sincerely hope it works out well for those living in the area.

By the way- interesting that Maria is in the process of writing legal tips regarding developers' marketing publicity. Let's hope that the justice system addresses and stamps out malpractice that was so prevelent in the boom years. I would hope that this covers instances such as the "great news" identified in this thread if it ultimately is proven to be devilry after all, i.e. false marketing claims!

This message was last edited by ads on 22/03/2010.

This message was last edited by ads on 22/03/2010.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:41 AM by madmax Star rating in Gran Alacant. 11 posts Send private message

If nothing else the mood of people in our area has picked up with the news, lets hope it happens soon, hope to hear something more concrete over the next week or so, this new forum is worth a look 

http://chickenwing.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=8f2f77ddac5830ea3779ed79df6c5d1e

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 9:47 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

The announcement was on the Local news last night.....it seems that a lot of big companies are looking at Spain at the moment, Microsoft are moving just down the road and now it looks like paramount are interested.

With cheap land,labour and still a great attraction to tourists the heads of the corperations are being turned.

This is mirrored in the housing market at the moment with some really good deals attraacting an influx of buyers.

This is fantastic news for the area and associated industries.....some good news at last.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 10:17 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

dear oh dear!, i'm all for positive thinking and good news, but there really should be ''Advertisment Feature''  at the head of that post!!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 10:41 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

"i'm all for positive thinking and good news"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have strayed into a parrallel Universe this morning, i have found a Goodstich that is all for positive thinking and good news.......................!!!!

Do you think more people would support you if you didn't infest " great news" threads with your Victor Meldrew..isms???

My post was honest and factual,think positive and positive things will happen.....i suppose that train of thought is lost somewhat here....

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:01 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

oh come on Gergia, do you really think many fall for your blatent advertising?.  Should I start saying that as the summer's coming, what wonderful weather to wear personalised lightweight clothing, and then happen to have an advert for my T-Shirt printing company at the foot of every thread??

Of course it could be fantastic if the Leisure venture takes off, with all the positive aspects it might bring, but please don't try and pull the wool over our eyes.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:06 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

HaHaHa

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 12:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Blatant advertising????

Dear oh dear...!!! i give people far more credit than that, what product did i directly advertise, happiness possibly, if so you might consider a definite investment??

So, i am not permitted to offer opinions on here now either????......the blue sky police are out in full force!!!.......back from the paralell universe again now........it's no wonder numbers have fallen on here

There you go,just for balance, i have stuck your website on as well.

.http://www.screenhaus.co.uk/index.html

This message was last edited by georgia on 23/03/2010.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 2:26 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

YAY Georgia, (The man who Knoooooows).

Hope it does happen.

I have sent them my CV already so should hear anytime soon.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 2:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Children, CHILDREN, come on.  Play nice.

(Anyway where does Goodstich advertise his website? )

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:06 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss,

Sorry, lost internet the other day while you were asking me a question....................

I have asked a few people in the know and they seem to think it was a good possibility that it will be built there.

.........and as i was saying......it was on the local news last night........hows business over there????? be careful how you answer that, no advertising please.

More,

I spent 30 odd years living in a village near goodstich, and although Northampton is nearly city size now, it is a very smalll place....!!! 

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes but where on Goodstich's posts/signature does he advertise I was asking. Answer is .. he doesn't.  

Anyway, how are you doing, Georgia? Did Acapulco or Mrs. A tell you the 4 of us went out Saturday night to the Symphonia Roma Italian restaurant at Dona Pepa? Good night (I thought).

This message was last edited by morerosado on 23/03/2010.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

"There you go,just for balance, i have stuck your website on as well"

.http://www.screenhaus.co.uk/index.html

Come on More,get with.....i didn't say he had put his website on...i said i would do it for him for balance (see above)

The point being, anything i seem to say is advertising and anything he says has to be listened to in awe...!

if we both have our websites on it's a level playing field...yes?

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Well, as you said 'it's no wonder numbers have fallen on here'.......... all the bickering. Going to put kettle on!  

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:38 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

georgia

you are very much out of order putting my website up without my permission.

What on earth has Northampton or the size of it got to do with this?

Morerosado

no, I don't advertise on here. I wish all the best for those who do, but doesn't  take much to work out what the over positive spin is all about!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 3:54 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

sorry, didn't realise we had to ask permission to put website links on this site, if i have broken any rules i apologise Justin.

anyway, most people would be grateful for the advertising?

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 4:43 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Yes, the rules do allow us to put links on our signature.  In fact I have included one for my book, which I hope gives a balanced view of the potential problems of buying a property in Spain and living here.  I won´t say any more though in case it is seen as advertising! 

I post on the forum and give my opinion, making it clear that I have seen the negative side of Spain (John and I paid a deposit on an off-plan property, using a Spanish solicitor, but nobody mentioned bank guarantees until it was too late.  Incidentally it was thanks to EOS that we found out about bank guarantees, though as I said unfortunately it was too late for us.)  I also say that we are now living happily here but we don´t knock the UK (much!).  We lived in London beforehand, and so far we have found it cheaper to live where we are.  We feel for those people who have lost everything, and can understand a bit of what they are suffering as we have probably lost money that we can´t afford to lose, however we have managed to move on and make the best of the situation we are in.

I have read a lot of Georgia´s posts, and I can´t remember thinking "that is blatant advertising" plus I can see that he has posted a lot more than I have, so surely he is entitled to give his opinion on here?  Similarly, Maria has provided loads of advice on EOS and we all know that she has a legal business, but the link is there for us to contact her if we wish to do so, otherwise we just ignore it.

I just wish that we had found EOS before we signed the contract for our off-plan property!  We did do a lot of research, including buying a book about Spanish law, however I checked the book after things went wrong for us and couldn´t find any reference to bank guarantees!

Let´s keep this forum friendly and helpful, especially if it prevents other people having the problems many of us have encountered.  However let´s also allow people to see how it is possible to live in Spain and have a good life here.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
23 Mar 2010 4:56 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Not so much the "great news" thread any more, which is a big shame.

Come on everyone, please don't trash decent threads.  If you want to have a scrap please use the PM facility and keep it private.  This was a nice thread and has sadly gone to pot.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Various items for sale - 0 posts
Telephone NOT Disconected - 2 posts
Terminal 2 & 3 Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Small Spanish car wanted... - 0 posts
L.I.V.E - Spain Charity supporting Malaga Orphanage needs items - 9 posts
Terra Sana in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Patio doors - replace / repair - 1 posts
Van coming to Spain - 2 posts
Jumilla/Pinoso area - just had villa built - 1 posts
Market Friday April 2 - Hipodromo, Mijas Costa in aid of CUDECA - 0 posts
Channel Five HD on Sky this summer....? - 2 posts
Videos on Threads? - 4 posts
Golf courses struggling and facing closure - 23 posts
Developer not paying community fees on unsold units - 2 posts
If the site looks a bit wonky... - 6 posts
Free market for electricity - do we need to do anything? - 2 posts
Happy San Patrick´s day - 2 posts
Applying for a Spanish passport - 23 posts
skamper ramps for dogs sarety around the pool this summer. - 0 posts
Handing back the keys to the bank - 4 posts
pushbikes - 2 posts
Cedula de habitacion - 3 posts
Ireland Spain furniture moving - 1 posts
New Golf course Gran alacant - 0 posts
A right old mess....please help! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 57

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x