What is a Denuncia exactly?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi

I volunteer in a dog refuge and recently we had a pick up of a pitbull. She was chipped so the owners were called. The woners arrived but didnt hace the license required to own a dog of this type so the pitbull hasnt been released. Anyway the owner has family in the Guardia Civil and has served a denuncia on the refuge owner EVEN THO its the law that permits him releasing the dog.

What exactly is a denuncia? Will the refuge have to find money for a defense? The whole thing is bloody crazy!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 10:41 PM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

As I understand it a Denuncia is a report made to the police eg if someone stole your handbag, you would go to the police station and report it, or a robbery, etc etc. In this particular case I would release the dog or this could become an ongoing problem with the rescue centre. You know you are in the right but at the end of the day its who the owners know......

Like 0      
20 Feb 2010 11:02 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Even better...

Go to the local Police Station, with all the facts and the Denuncia in hand, and then serve a Denuncia on the Family and the Police Office who served the Denuncia on the Refuge.

At the end of the day, the Refuge is not braking the Royal Decree on Dangerous Dog's, but the owners are and I bet they didn't inform the Police that they didn't have the required paperwork.

We had to get all the paperwork for our Tyler, who even though he was a Rottweiler, was the softest big dog you ever did see... and we moved from the UK to Spain, and still got all the legal paperwork sorted.

So this, I assume Spanish Family, will know all about what they should have and will also try and get away with it.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 10:36 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

We definately cannot give the dog back, we would be breaking the law which is why we cant understand why the denuncia was ever allowed to be served.  If any solicitors can shed any light what this means for us i would appreciate it alot.

Thanks

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 10:46 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Surely if they take the denuncia back to the Guardia Civil and explain the reasons the dog hasn't been released then that should be it...or am I being a bit simplistic with this?

I don't know as I've never had to deal with a denuncia before.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 12:46 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

No Technoape has said exactly what you should do.Now that they have served a denuncia that you won't give it back, you serve one stating that they are not in posession of the required paperwork to own & keep the dog & that by handing it back you will be breaking the law. If you don't make the denuncia you are leaving yourselves open, if the police turn up with the owner & insist you give it back, to a prosecution for giving it back without correct paperwork. Try what Justin says 1st, but if you get no sense make the denuncias their & then.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

changing lawyers - 2 posts
A good value Spanish red wine - 25 posts
Barcelona - 9 posts
contact town hall - 3 posts
Airport Transfers - 2 posts
Looking to buy rural land to site holiday cabin or caravan - 6 posts
amber pools - 5 posts
Market research for a potential new business - 2 posts
Xbox live - 1 posts
Tax?????? income tax home or away??? - 5 posts
hola, alguien habla español - 12 posts
We need El Corte Ingles on the Costa Blanca North - 7 posts
can the euro survive - 1 posts
Hello just joined eyeonspain! - 12 posts
Holidays/short term visits - 2 posts
Horizontal Law Community Buiding Insurance - 3 posts
Any tips? - 0 posts
CAMERA PROBLEM - 2 posts
You need a strong physical guy doing the hard work? - 0 posts
Free Pre-paid Master Card - 0 posts
Paperless banking - 2 posts
Wanted palletts brought over from the uk once a month - 0 posts
Tumble Drier - 4 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Dog breader - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x