Horizontal Law Community Buiding Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

I have a enclosed Patio in an apartment block on an urbanisation and the roof is leaking.The water has seaped into the apartment below.Am I covered under the Community Building Insurance.I should  mention that the  Urbanisation was built 30 years ago.

Many Thanks for any help on this matter.

Nigel

Like 0      
18 Feb 2010 6:07 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Building insurances are for 10 years. The Community of owners need to have an insurance for damages now.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Feb 2010 5:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The simple answer is, if the leaking roof is communal property, the community insurance should cover it. But your query is a little confusing. Where is the leak coming from? Is it from an apartment above yours? Is your patio actually a terrace? - part of your property that you have closed in? Is your property leaking into that below you? A little more info might help, but ultimately, most insurance companies will send an inspector out to assess the situation, and will then tell you whether or not they cover it. You could ask your president or administrator to contact the community insurance company if you feel they should cover it.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Feb 2010 2:42 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Roberto: as always.... an excellent answer!

Yes, the most iportant thing in your case is to verify of the element causing the damage is of commun or individual ownership. A surveyor and a legal look to the Horizontal division deeds might be needed if it is not clear.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any tips? - 0 posts
CAMERA PROBLEM - 2 posts
You need a strong physical guy doing the hard work? - 0 posts
Free Pre-paid Master Card - 0 posts
Paperless banking - 2 posts
Wanted palletts brought over from the uk once a month - 0 posts
Tumble Drier - 4 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Dog breader - 3 posts
Does anybody know where i can buy................. - 0 posts
Plus Valia - 1 posts
Property Purchase? - 1 posts
Private Messages! - 5 posts
Car hire Alicante - any recommendations ? - 13 posts
Publicity is part of the contract - 0 posts
New Iceland store opening in 2010 - 7 posts
Any items bringing over - 1 posts
SECURITY SIGNS - 1 posts
Colds and Stuff? - 3 posts
Paying off my spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Karl Mullins - 2 posts
Wanted: 1.5m+ Satellite dish. - 0 posts
any help appreciated- cuevas del almanzora/villaricofiestas/bars/eating out - 1 posts
Bast place to live in Spain - 10 posts
Duty of Officers - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x