Spanish bull fighting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2010 3:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

No Bullring in Algorfa for the fiesta again this year.......

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 3:53 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morerosado

no, nor me. When a sensible discussion is reduced to toddler talk, it's a waste of time.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:08 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I don't agree with bullfighting but I don't have the right to inflict my views on the Spanish.  I wouldn't go to a bullfight and that is as far as my protest would go.  However, what I do think is unfair is when the bull gets the better of the bullfighter it is still killed.  Surely if the bull wins he should get the glory not the sword?

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:29 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

orda

I would guess the suffering endured by the terrible wounds and mental trauma would probably make it kinder to kill the bull anyway?  What mental or phisical state is it left in? Having said that, if anyone considered the bull's suffering, I don't think they could support the hideous cruelty involved anyway?

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:36 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

True, good point, but it would be nice to see a bull on Sky News trotting round the arena with a garland of flowers round its neck and all the ladies throwing their knickers at him LOL.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 4:46 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

oh yes, now I would pay to watch that!!

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 6:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Bullfighting banned in Catalonia from 2012.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 6:49 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Good for them. Hopefully people all over Spain will start to vote with their feet, by considering the animal's suffering for their pleasure??, and not support this hideous cruelty for much longer.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 8:05 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Or will these pimped up so-called toreadors just go to a province that will still allow this disgusting spectacle.

Remember, they are paid tremendous amounts of money to torment and finally kill an animal that has been severely weakened by picadors long before this "movie star" makes his entrance!!

I know I am a guest in this wonderful country and am very pleased and proud to be allowed to live here.

I try to respect all things Spanish but this is the 21st century, not the dark ages!! Brings to mind the Iranian woman who was going to be stoned to death for adultery. I think she is still going to die but by a different method! Dark ages again!!

The biggest problem is, as I see it, what can be done to replace the lost revenue that bull fighting created?

They have until 2012 to sort it out, of course.

pilgrim

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 8:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm just waiting for some posh campo jerk to start complaining that the countryside will become overrun with vermin bulls - it won't be long before the headlines will be reporting some baby has been mauled in its cot by a bull and that bullfighting must be reintroduced to keep the menace at bay.

Well done, Cataluña!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 8:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Mahatma Gandhi, 1869 - 1948

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 10:41 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I am pleased to report that one of my Spanish facebook friends, Irene (who runs 4 Patas the local animal refuge), has posted the news on her facebook page, and her Spanish friends are supporting the idea that this decision should be the way forward for other Spanish regions. It's not just the Brits in Spain who want to see the end of bullfighting.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 10:06 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

suemac

that's so good to hear. Once it becomes accepted that it is nothing more than barbaric cruelty, dressed up in fancy dress and tradition, then hopefully the end will be in sight?

Roberto

love your bit about 'some posh campo jerk'.  So true. I was also waiting for some knob- head to come along and try and defend Bull fighting or Fox hunting with feeble reasons masking a blood lust from selfish people with no feeling for animal suffering. I fear many of those sorts will try and reverse the Fox hunting issue in the UK, and sadly  have the support from many Tory MP's. Hopefully public opinion against cruel sports in the UK is growing as with the Bull fighting in Spain.?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 2:38 PM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

At least the fighting toros live in the wild for at least 4 years never bothered by human been,not injected with vitamins,antibiotics,force fed and living in lots like their brothers which are sent to the abatoirs and have never a chance to survive.By the way their life end after 2 years.Barcelona has only one bullring left and have only 15 bn llfights a year  out of a 1000 in the whole of Spain .A political statement by their parlement.

Viva Cape town

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 10:34 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

viva cape town

a good point, and I think most people want animals killed for food to be given as good a life as is possible before being slaugtered. The sales of free range chickens and eggs for instance proves that point, though I would love to see it become compulsery, and wouldn't mind paying a bit more if I knew the animal had had a better life, short though it is.  Having said that, I don't feel the  point that we could do better justifies the cruelty and suffering involved with blood sports, and it just shows humans as horrific bullies, making creatures suffer purely for our enjoyment. I don't think that can ever be right.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish holidays - 0 posts
Question about Spain, Need some help! - 0 posts
postres en Espana - 0 posts
Scooter For Sale - 0 posts
Navidad - 0 posts
Cheap travelling to Spain - 0 posts
CGT for non-residents - 1 posts
I want to transport my dogs from UK to Spain - 5 posts
Hola a todos en este foro. Mi nombre es Sunrise. He estado en los Eye On Spain durante casi tres meses! - 0 posts
Can anyone recomend small part load deliveries to Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Joint property ownership - 0 posts
Driving Back to the UK?? - 11 posts
Land status validation - 4 posts
Congratualtions! - 10 posts
Life insurance is crippling me - 5 posts
5 month let required - 4 posts
dacion en pago - 0 posts
Transfer tax - re-assessment by Junta Andalucia - based on deemed value? - 0 posts
Una pregunta acerca de Espana! - 9 posts
UK TV, Freeview, Freesat, different systems & receivers explained - 0 posts
Satellite updates HD, Top Gear, Freesat - 0 posts
Van going to Spain the 3 of december - 1 posts
Koren wok in Benimar, Rojales, Alicante - 0 posts
What can you do if your apartment is finished but the community areas are in-complete? - 7 posts
Boundary rules - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 75

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x