Inhertitance tax on home

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

I have heard that the law of Spain does not just work like the Uk with regard to home ownership when one of us passes away. I also heard we should have bought via a ltd company. Can anyone provide any information - sorry if I have missed it it the archives.

Situation.

My partner and I bought an apartment in Spain. The house is in both our names. At the moment we only use it for holidays.
We have a Spanish will which gives all to the survivor and then passes on to the 3 children - 2 of mine and 1 of hers equally.

We have now married.
What should we now do so each one of us is protected from Inheritance tax if the other dies?
should we set up a ltd company?

Then what do we need to do so that the kids get the house after we both die?

Any advice would be most welcome.

thanks

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 11:54 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Please have answers/ comments below in bold green ( same text as your message)

I have heard that the law of Spain does not just work like the Uk with regard to home ownership when one of us passes away. I also heard we should have bought via a ltd company. Can anyone provide any information - sorry if I have missed it it the archives.

Situation.

My partner and I bought an apartment in Spain. The house is in both our names. At the moment we only use it for holidays.
We have a Spanish will which gives all to the survivor and then passes on to the 3 children - 2 of mine and 1 of hers equally.

We have now married.
What should we now do so each one of us is protected from Inheritance tax if the other dies?
should we set up a ltd company?It is an option.

Then what do we need to do so that the kids get the house after we both die? It seems they will just inherit the shares under Uk Law and that will have a different taxation than inheriting a house in Spain. I know few on this, but you will certainly find information on the web.

Any advice would be most welcome.

thanks

dd

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Catastral value - 0 posts
Turned off street lights - 5 posts
Community start up - 2 posts
FOR SALE - 2003 Citroen C3 Pluriel 1.4 Convertible - 0 posts
Any quiet islands in Spain - 3 posts
scanning and translating a letter - 1 posts
Advice on importing household goods - 3 posts
torresatalit tv info? - 6 posts
landline - 5 posts
Weather Alicante beginning of October? - 4 posts
Probably stupid question bout Ryan air and departing different airports - 12 posts
Ryanair returning to Valencia - 1 posts
minimum wage - 2 posts
second hand private sale what to do ???????? - 2 posts
Above ground pool........ - 1 posts
Pocket dragon collectors??????? - 5 posts
Great Healthcare in Almeria - 2 posts
Channel 5 changes... - 0 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 1 posts
Consequence of lack of business Insurance - 2 posts
Long term rental - 0 posts
Buying Currency for US holiday - 3 posts
Bahia de Casares - 2 posts
Communal pool - 11 posts
Items for sale due to move to UK - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x