buying a repossesion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Livelife Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi there, has anyone got advice on buying a repossession, i.e. anything to be aware of, or questions i should ask. I believe if purchising from a bank you dont need a solicitor, just the bank and a notary??? can anyone help.

Regards.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2009 8:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I would certainly advise you to have a lawyer revising the terms of the purchase.  Regardless the other contract party of a Bank ,  and maybe more precisley because it is a Bank, they will be looking for their interests.

The scheme is the same as in any other purchased ( First Occupation license needed, fixed and clear price, transfer tax being paid by you, Notary and Registry fee accordiong to Law and plusvalia for the seller). You need to check on charges and encumbrances and you need to have it duly registered under your name in the Land Registry.

For this all, it is better to have a good lawyer with expertise in conveyancing property titles.

rE

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 6:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

For anyone who is interested in buying a reposessed or distressed property in Spain, I just came across this on Kyero.com about buying such properties direct from CAM Bank and thought members might find it interesting. (click the blue link)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 6:46 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

You are an active ' Superstar'!!

it is not just Cam bank but there are lots of distressed sales about

We have an owner who has 130.000 € on the mortgage.....45.000 € less than he paid and he wants out...price is 130.000 €

A very nice 2 bed 2 bath  duplex in Almeria with a big solarium,,,,,facing the right way and in a small gated complex [ stayed in it myself]

We all feel sorry for this type of situation but in these depressed economic times ' one man's loss is another's gain'

And it is important that threads on EOS bring potential buyers attention to what is on offer

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 7:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm sure there are lots like this. But I know from pestering my own bank, that much of what is said in the article I posted must be true, because they certainly haven't offered me any interesting opportunities (possibly they'd prefer me to keep my money on deposit than withdraw a chunk to buy a property? Conflict of interests perhaps?) If CAM are serious about making their portfolio available to a wider audience, maybe other banks will come up with similar programs, to the benefit of all involved.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 7:03 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Roberto...did not know that you are property dealer or is it just that with low interest on cash investments you are thinking of becoming one!!!

Perhaps I should say....' welcome to the world of property' !!!

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 7:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

With "finca" status yourself, I figured you'd been around here long enough to know that I'm one of the greedy barstewards who jumped on the merry-go-round on the way up and helped in no insignificant way no doubt to the mess that subsequesntly unfolded!

(Real name and address, suffice to say, not supplied!)

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 7:45 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

looking forward to being a Superstar!

signing off for now!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE Application in Manchester - 3 posts
Football fans on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
internet connection - 12 posts
Rattan furniture - 6 posts
Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts
Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts
Disposing of a RHD van in Spain - is this possible? - 15 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
GEORGEKAY - 3 posts
Ready Rental Property - 15 posts
WANTED Wooden Childs Playpen - 0 posts
Problem with two properties in Spain - 2 posts
INFO ON GRANADA - HOTELS AND MUST SEE PLACES TO GO OR NOT TO GO - 6 posts
Shared agency for your data base - 0 posts
PALMERA PROPERTIES - 0 posts
Volunteers needed for children's charity in Malaga - 4 posts
Angel de Miraflores Mijas good or bad - 3 posts
unsatisfactory furniture what is procedure? Help please Maria - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x