Problem with two properties in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by sohal87 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

In 2006 an estate agent sold two properties to me. Both properties's loans are from two different banks. We are struggling to pay both property loans at this time, due to thw slow in the rental. I am thinking of giving one of the properties back to bank, i.e. give them the keys back, the agents say that if i return the keys to the bank i will not get a bad credit rating. But I am worried ,will the bank make me a bad creditor?Will they  take my other property from me? I want to save the other property & want to stay as a good creditor.

Any coresspondance would be much appriciated

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 10:10 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Sohal - you would really need to speak to the banks concerned.  If there is some equity in the property you hand back then they may be willing to accept that you can walk away without any penalties.  However, each bank rakes a different view and if you are in negative equity they will usually want to pursue you for the difference between what you owe and what they can sell the property for.  Some banks seem to be a bit more understanding as this is happening more and more.

Do talk to them before making any decisions as they can now chase you back in the UK for any debts.

Good luck!

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 5:26 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

My comments below in bold green:

In 2006 an estate agent sold two properties to me. Both properties's loans are from two different banks. We are struggling to pay both property loans at this time, due to thw slow in the rental. I am thinking of giving one of the properties back to bank, i.e. give them the keys back, the agents say that if i return the keys to the bank i will not get a bad credit rating. But I am worried ,will the bank make me a bad creditor? They will not if you get an agreement with them.Will they  take my other property from me? No, if you keep paying the mortgage, obvioulsy. I want to save the other property & want to stay as a good creditor.

You may find this article interesting: http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1094/legal-tip-27-dation-in-payment-a-right.aspx

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INFO ON GRANADA - HOTELS AND MUST SEE PLACES TO GO OR NOT TO GO - 6 posts
Shared agency for your data base - 0 posts
PALMERA PROPERTIES - 0 posts
Volunteers needed for children's charity in Malaga - 4 posts
Angel de Miraflores Mijas good or bad - 3 posts
unsatisfactory furniture what is procedure? Help please Maria - 1 posts
IF you booked car hire in Spain some months ago for the future CHECK LATEST PRICES - 26 posts
INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEM - 7 posts
Aval and Express Evcitions - 12 posts
what to include in a vivendia contract - 1 posts
Audi 80 convertible for sale.. - 2 posts
any pet friendly accomodation out there? - 0 posts
helicopteros sanitarios - ending contract - 6 posts
Big reductions in asking prices - 17 posts
Distressed Sales- before repossession! - 1 posts
Paperwork regarding Spanish reg car in UK. - 3 posts
Altos De La Zubia - 1 posts
The evil of Cancer - 5 posts
Vias verdes in Spain - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 0 posts
URGENT sale of contract at Las Terrazas de la Torre very good discount - 0 posts
carol - 2 posts
What does PRI stand for? - 5 posts
Chris - 0 posts
Estepona Carnival 20th Feb - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x