Swimming Pool

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by jennifer48 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me if we need to have steps at the deeper end of our pool on our urbanisation.  We have steps to enter the pool at the shallow end but we have been told legally we need steps at the deeper end.

Thankyou

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 9:45 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I would say yes, you need steps at the deep end.

The builder who built our pool would not have installed anything that was not required by law and we have steps.

True or false, I also heard that lifeguards may be required in communal pools in the near future.

Anybody heard similar?

pilgrim

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 10:12 AM by Rickiebear Star rating in Bristol UK/Tenerife. 40 posts Send private message

Hi, Certified Life Guards at that. Some larger tourist organisations are offering free courses as they realise that they will be in short supply.

I have also heard that child proof fences will also need to be erected.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 10:15 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

I was of the understanding that private pools and those on Urbanisations needed to be fenced and it needs to be a minimum of 1 metre high

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 1:58 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi

That is the case in France but not yet in Spain . we are a swimming pool construction company and have received no information of any nw regulations as yet , as we are a Spanish registered company we do receive changes in the regulations when they are published.

We had licences approved and issued by local town halls last week no problem and if that had been the law they would not have been granted.

Fred

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 6:52 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The law can vary depending on which part of Spain you are located in.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 9:41 PM by Rickiebear Star rating in Bristol UK/Tenerife. 40 posts Send private message

I have an apartment in tenerife, we have been told that we will have to fence the pool in.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 4:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Jennifer:

It depends on the Region/Autonomous Community you are located.

You can find some information here: http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/pool-legals.aspx

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 1:49 PM by SpanishTogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Hi - a bit of a minefield.  Our small development in Cox has a small pool but is quite deep.  The shallow end isn't very shallow and the only steps are at the deep end, so for the likes of me who do not like getting out of their depth, and for children who are just learning to swim, it's quite dangerous I think.  I'd like another set of steps at the 'shallow' end.  Also, we don't have any lifebelt to throw in if someone is in difficulty.   Thought this may help any other developers out there when planning their next pool.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts
Disposing of a RHD van in Spain - is this possible? - 15 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
GEORGEKAY - 3 posts
Ready Rental Property - 15 posts
WANTED Wooden Childs Playpen - 0 posts
Problem with two properties in Spain - 2 posts
INFO ON GRANADA - HOTELS AND MUST SEE PLACES TO GO OR NOT TO GO - 6 posts
Shared agency for your data base - 0 posts
PALMERA PROPERTIES - 0 posts
Volunteers needed for children's charity in Malaga - 4 posts
Angel de Miraflores Mijas good or bad - 3 posts
unsatisfactory furniture what is procedure? Help please Maria - 1 posts
IF you booked car hire in Spain some months ago for the future CHECK LATEST PRICES - 26 posts
INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEM - 7 posts
Aval and Express Evcitions - 12 posts
what to include in a vivendia contract - 1 posts
Audi 80 convertible for sale.. - 2 posts
any pet friendly accomodation out there? - 0 posts
helicopteros sanitarios - ending contract - 6 posts
Big reductions in asking prices - 17 posts
Distressed Sales- before repossession! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x