Watchdog???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Did anyone see watchdog tonight?

They were talking about that Face Book thing. The crims are stealing identities from the information given like names, addresses, DOB etc. to apply for loans and access bank accounts and all sorts.  So be aware!!!

Just going to check my forum profile 

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 9:38 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Face Book?  Whassaat?

(Guess I must be too old for that sort of thing!)

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 9:43 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar
They'll have a hard job doing that with my Facebook ID - it's completely fictitious!

But it is something to watch out for as Facebook is supposed to be a networking community so most people do post their correct details there.

Thanks for the info. 

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 9:58 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

It's scary stuff.

One woman had £6,000 taken out of her bank account!!!  They can get a lot of info by putting DOB and addresses together and then go to other sites and electrol rolls, put them all together and voila!!! I should be ok I always lie about my age anyway LOL.

Steve,  remember the good old days when we used to go clubbing to meet new mates?? Think back . Anyway this is the new way to meet up for the young uns. That's the really scary part. There is also beebo adn myspace, keep up now  .

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 11:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
From my early days on the net I've always given a slightly fake date of birth...you can never be too careful really.

Steve, don't worry about Facebook anyway, it takes over your life once you start using it.  I've given up with it now but I did need to go into rehab for a while

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 11:49 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
If they get my id etc, reckon they will feel sorry for me once they see my bank account and put some in???

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 12:08 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

They would be hard pushed to find my address......post office don't know where it is and telefonica even said I didn't live there because it didn't exist.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 4:40 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Telefonica told me they didnt even know their own address

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 3:51 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Wow - you actually managed to find a real person in Telefonica to speak to?????

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Orihuela Costa - Development Hell - 6 posts
Road directions - 6 posts
Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
music - 2 posts
Problems with Spanish Lawyer - 4 posts
Taking everything - 8 posts
Soneyia - 3 posts
Question ( s ) of the day...........again. - 3 posts
Which mortgage conditions to chose - 21 posts
Can nigerians buy in spain? - 2 posts
lifts - 17 posts
Rights when left with Furniture Pack on Non Completion - 1 posts
Electronics - 0 posts
Acta de Acrediaci An de Finde Obra - 10 posts
Becky's Duquesa 9th November, anyone fancy it. - 94 posts
Renting property - 8 posts
Abusive clause Question - 5 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Capital Gains or inherited property - 1 posts
Gestoria Soria Bonilla - 0 posts
Hi Im Jon and i have a 7 year ongoing battle with Aroca Seiquer - 1 posts
CASE STUDY NEEDED: USED EQUITY RELEASE ON FOR AN OVERSEAS PROPERTY? - 0 posts
Health Insuarance for cancer sufferers? - 7 posts
Long term rental contracts. - 2 posts
Is it me or is it quiet in here?................. - 114 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x