Renting property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Hi all

to save putting us under pressure we are def. going to rent until the right house comes up. I am wondering about all our stuff though....are properties normally rented out furnished or unfurnished? Is it easy to get all the contents of your home (there will be a lot!) over from the UK and put into storage until you need it all? Any ideas on what we are likely to pay to rent a house not apartment with 2 beds minimum Costa Blanca/Costa Calida areas?  We were told it is fairly cheap to rent but then is anything cheap nowadays?

Margaretx

Like 0      
22 Oct 2007 11:45 PM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

hey me again

you will pay anything from 450e to 900e per month depending on what you want, eg apartment, Villa, Quad house, communual pool, private pool etc etc etc  I have a LIST not handy of websites  that you can have if you want.  dont think i am allowed to post them on here

I am extremely fussy and I viewed 3 houses when I went out to visit last month.. and they were all so different but def found the one for me now!!

I know a few people in the CB south area who are in differnt areas and live in diff houses and caould maybe give you some advise if need be. Give me a shout if you need websites etc.

I could easily put you in touch with people for quotes for rentals Margaret.   Most of them come Furnished by the way... We are buying a flat here in Sunny Scotland to rent out to keep our money in property. You are DEF doing the right thing by renting to start off with in spain....

Sazzle

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 2:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Definitely best to rent before you buy.

Generally long term lets come furnished and really vary in price.  See a list of them here:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/rentals/rentals-long-term.aspx

There are various companies that do storage in the area so do a Google search and you should find some.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 6:56 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

Thanks Justin that's very helpful

Sazzle will pm you.

Margaretx

Like 0      
27 Nov 2007 7:40 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
On this topic...was going to rent and then was informed that I should pay the agent 50% of the first months rent as a finders fee. As the renter had the property on his Website he didn't actually find me anything...I found it with him. Is this normal to have to pay a "Fee" anyone got some ideas on how I should approach this?

I should mention that trying to fina rental has been a mare...with nearly all properties taken out as holiday rentals and not long term in the area I am looking at

Also anything I should be looking at in the rental contract?

I know that I should not be liable for any Comm fees or Tax and only Water, Elec, Gas..Telephone/Internet...

Also how do I approach the "I would like the locks changed discussion?"

Thanks in advance as always

Like 0      
27 Nov 2007 10:04 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola - as an ex rental agent, in the old days agents used to request a full month as a finders fee. Nowadays many do not charge anything (too many on the market) or charge as you see 50%. Its a catch 22 cos if its a place you really like, the agent is good, things get repeired quickly and the property itself may be at a negotiated down price, then it may be worth it. Be assured they will be etting another full month or yearly management fee from the owner and if you are a seemingly good tenant then you may be able to negotiate this out of the contract. Otherwise you will have to pay it!

If there is a genuine lack of rentals in your area of choice then you seemingly have no choice, but check with local papers first as at this time of the year everywhere is quiet!

Re the contract, it should be for min 11 months, there should be nothing nasty in it - mine was in both spanish and english so ask for a tranlation. You should have 15 days to report anything not working or worn etc and it should be repaired. The bills you pay are only elec, water gas if you have it. NOT the ibi (rates) or basura or community fees, unless you come to an agreement about the rent in which case thats up to you! Usually a standard contract and nothing to worry about. In it will have your notice to quit on the anniversary of the 11 month after possession - and usually as long as everything is ok you will be able to stay another period.

Changing locks - the landlord wont pay for that but you can do it yourself - you must ensure however that if access is needed for repairs, you give it - normally workmen make an appointment with you. Landlord has no right of entry without your poermission, sometimes this is in the contract and you can query it.

Have fun!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 7:44 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hola

Well we are now signed up....February onwards with a move in August...need the house as we will be back and forewards and this will give the kids a "home" feeling, also can get name down for the school...contract very basic and al costs as you stated I will pay for...all costs such as IBI to be paid for by out landlord...also chose a different person to rent from and didn't pay any agency fees!!

Only a small question....as I have a rental contract to be registered for the school I need to be on the padron...what are the issues with getting ont he padron, say at easter, with the children starting in September in school. I read in a paper (Round Town News) that this is illegal to be on the padron and not actually living there...(It will be 4 months that we will not be there for)

Gracias

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 8:35 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
The main problem you will have is that you will need to give an address, and if you are not renting the property until August then where are they going to send the certificate to?

It is illegal to register on the padron if you don't live or own a property in the area.  However, comparted to some other processes, in our experience it was actually done quite quickly, it was all done in a matter of days.

So you should be ok just sorting it out when you come out in August.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 1:56 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

When I moved home last september, we changed the padron. Local town hall stamped a copy of the request while it was sent to be sorted and we collected about a month later

The request tends to do for anything you need!

Also august can be a good time to do it as although most pl;aces are on half days etc, its really quiet with no one else around!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Abusive clause Question - 5 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Capital Gains or inherited property - 1 posts
Gestoria Soria Bonilla - 0 posts
Hi Im Jon and i have a 7 year ongoing battle with Aroca Seiquer - 1 posts
CASE STUDY NEEDED: USED EQUITY RELEASE ON FOR AN OVERSEAS PROPERTY? - 0 posts
Health Insuarance for cancer sufferers? - 7 posts
Long term rental contracts. - 2 posts
Is it me or is it quiet in here?................. - 114 posts
cabo roig - 3 posts
SimpleOverseas / Inroal - how do I get my money refunded - 11 posts
La Campaneta - 11 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
YOUR MUSIC HERE (LET US KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE) - 0 posts
english phones in spain. - 4 posts
AEA Community Charge - 5 posts
A succesful trip - 1 posts
looking for a web-site can you help please - 4 posts
Finacially better to be married in Spain? - 4 posts
all saints day and halloween query? - 9 posts
Need for Coffee - Sandwitch bars - 2 posts
Car Hire - Mandatory Accessories - 20 posts
Almoradi - 7 posts
hola - 1 posts
CAR HIRE - 112 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x