Hi Everyone

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2007 7:16 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
Justin it would be ideal if the Atlas ad was not deleted so that we can all see what a bare face cheek they have.

SScotty i am pleased that your experience of them was good and have shared your experience with us

Atlas please do the right thing  for your customers who are encountering problems they do not deserve to have dreams shattered and while you are at it tidy up your other companies that you own

Atlas I congratulate you on your sheer incompetence at least you get that right

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 7:56 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Atlas - perhaps you would like to address the problems on Bosque De Las Lomas 111. Your lawyers Aroca Seiquer seem to be completely incompetent in this area. I have been here since Jan 2005 - still no Escatura - builders mortgage of 102,000 euros  according to Aroca, The builders have left before finishing the urbanisation. My life is on hold.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2007 10:27 AM by Atlas Int Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Everyone,
First of all I am truly sorry for any problems that you have encountered. At the end of this message you can find an address you can use, please use this if you have any issues you wish resolved. Please give your name, contact details and explain your situation and mark this for the attention of Grant.
Part of my job is to provide information to people who are thinking of moving abroad, which I hope I can do well and in accordance with the forums rules. I cannot resolve individual issues personally but due to the responses yesterday realise there is a need for a procedure for forum members to be heard. I have spoken today with the European Sales Manager who is eager to help and I will forward any issues on to him, in turn he can speak to the client service team personally. I hope this procedure can help.
Thank you

Grant  

Like 0      
16 Oct 2007 11:14 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Just an idea......

How about those people with a complaint send it to the address mentioned.

Atlas or the people provide us all an update in this thread as to what is going on. That serves two purposes

1. The world can see if Atlas an deliver

2. The people who have been hurt, financially and otherwise can show us all what we could be dealign with if we decided to buy a property thro Atlas..or they will get their issues fixed to their satisfaction

Sending people to an e-mail address with no recourse seems to be a popular method to deal with issues....it doesn't work. What people want is a person (real) to talk to...to take responsibility..to act and most importantly to deliver

So Atlas are you prepared in public view to provide "a person (real) to talk to...to take responsibility..to act and most importantly to deliver" and in public view report status and updates on what went wrong and how you deliver World Class Customer Service in fixing these issues you are responsible for?

Like 0      
17 Oct 2007 3:37 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Atlas Int wrote

Hello Everyone,
First of all I am truly sorry for any problems that you have encountered. At the end of this message you can find an address you can use, please use this if you have any issues you wish resolved. Please give your name, contact details and explain your situation and mark this for the attention of Grant.
Part of my job is to provide information to people who are thinking of moving abroad, which I hope I can do well and in accordance with the forums rules. I cannot resolve individual issues personally but due to the responses yesterday realise there is a need for a procedure for forum members to be heard. I have spoken today with the European Sales Manager who is eager to help and I will forward any issues on to him, in turn he can speak to the client service team personally. I hope this procedure can help.
Thank you

Grant  

OK have done that. Message received and acknowledged. Let's see what happens. Not holding my breath.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:02 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Surprise, surprise - have heard absolutely nothing yet.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2007 8:49 AM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

HI All

Have read through the very interesting posts about Atlas - would also advise this applies to Iberian International who are a sister company to Atlas - like Fly and others we have been put through hell and continue to to be in there at the moment.

My story is probably too lengthy to tell but in a nutshell we went out on an inspection trip and  were sold property which Iberian knew was denounced - they took 40% of our money KNOWING THE PROPERTY WOULD NOT GET BUILT! This was nearly 5 years ago and if we had not insisted - and I mean insisted - we would still be waiting for the property now! We were fobbed off continually - as far as I know some people got their money back but guess what they didnt get it back with interest - some even got less than what they put in because they were told the interest rate had changed!.

We were then shown this other property on bosque iv - we now have issues whereby the electric goes off - a green swimming pool and worse still a pool with no gates or security. We've been left dangling and no one cares - least of all Iberian. Once they had our money they ran.

What I would like to know is if there are any people out there who have bought just off La Zenia roundabout (back of the Mercadona) - this development has come to a standstill - have these people got their money back - are some people too afraid or dont know how to fight back?

Those of you who have had a good experience are lucky - I have met so many people who have had terrible experiences and these very people are trying to ensure that other people are not put in that position or even help them out of the ones they are in.

We 'bought' through an English company thinking we had security and safety - these very people are the biggest rogues and are ruining the Spanish reputation by their greed and lies and they should be ashamed of what they have done.

Tornado

Like 0      
30 Oct 2007 12:16 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Well I have had a couple of emails from JAMES DEARSLEY - European Sales Manager. He denies Atlas and Aroca are one and the same. He says he is working on my case via ATLAS client servive centre in Spain so I'm not expecting any miracles as they ditched me ages ago. I chose ATLAS because I thought they knew what they were doing. From their 2002 catalogue-

The Atlas International offices in Spain with multi-lingual staff are open 6 days a week to help and advise you with any problems you may have for the whole of the time you own an Atlas home "Once a client, always a client" Atlas International, your partner in Spain, whether to buy a car, find the best restaurants, bus service information, problems with gas, electricity etc. etc. We are here to help you "Our client".

Atlas International is your partner in Spain. Our purpose is to serve you, the client, to ensure that only the best quality properties, built by the best builders, at the best price in our selected range.

We guarantee that all property is of the highest possible standard. We provide a full legal package by qualified solicitors. After your purchase we will handle all aspects of moving-in, legal formalities including all documentation for permanent residence in Spain if needed, insurance, bank accounts, furniture selection, water and electricity connection and letting service if required.

In fact we will make your dream home in Spain come true.

All a bit of a bad joke really. No wonder we are all complaining to Trading Standards. Come on ATLAS and Mr Dearsley - start keeping your promises before you sink into a stagnant swamp of bad publicity and disappear altogether.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2007 4:06 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

Ah yes Fly - I have that very special 'red' book from Iberian too - we were given one of the special editions as we were special customers - well the ones daft enough to give up our money for something that was never going to be built. I have built up a very special library of what has happened over the years - makes very very interesting reading!

Tx

Like 0      
30 Oct 2007 5:54 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

We could start a club here.  The "I bought from the Atlas group and got ripped-off" club.  We could pool all the crass and rubbish answers we have received from Atlas/Iberian/Aroca etc and give points to the best non-answer we get.  Yes, it is annoying to see the adverts still claiming their after sales service is great and they are partners for life (well, until they've got the money from you, of course).

Sorry, but I couldn't recommend anyone connected with this group especially as it becomes more and more obvious they knew the problems at the start and kept it to themselves. 

So far we have:

1.  Black money payments condoned

2.  Properties with no planning permission

3.  Land with outstanding mortgages on them which was financed by money received from us, the buyers.

4.  No deeds to properties sold 5 years ago (I have also asked the solicitors if these properties were even registered but have had no reply)

5.  Money taken as deposits for properties that weren't even going to be built.

I'm sure there are more but I see red when I even think about this.  Thankfully, my property is not going to be pulled down (I hope), repossessed (I hope) or declared illegal (I hope) but some people are in this situation and should be the main priority for Atlas in order to show that they really are a company that can be recommended by buyers.

In my case, I just can't put it on the market and will end up having to sell my house in UK, take early retirement and move over sooner than I wanted simply because I haven't had my deeds and, therefore, can't even advertise the one I have for sale.

I will end up paying community fees and taxes on a place I won't be using or, indeed, even want.  And all because we trusted this company in the first place.  The main question I have asked these companies is "How come only those who bought through you and your solicitors are the ones without deeds?"  Everyone else appears to have them.  (I stand to be corrected on this point but everyone I've spoken to who didn't buy through the Atlas group or used different solicitors to Aroca appear to have their deeds).

And, if I have a place I don't want, how can I even rent it out with electricity cuts etc because they haven't paid their bills?  Just imagine happy holidaymakers having electricity cut off halfway through their holiday. 

You live and learn, you live and learn.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2007 6:21 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

Boboal - I think that is actually a very good idea - I am all for forming that kind of committee/group. Yes, you are right, we cant rent out our apartment for fear of the electric going off and who wants to swim in a green pool!

So, I would recommend everyone to write to the local MP in Surrey  - that's my next step - I wont go down without a fight and hey, what the heck, I have been fighting for 4 plus years so what do another few years mean to me!  I've already won a fair few fights with other things so this will just be another topic for me.

These companies  or should I say company, will not get away with it - I am prepared to do everything within my power to help anyone who finds themselves in the same situation. 

You are right Bobaol - we didnt go with Aroca purely because on our  mid term inspection trip a nieghbour happened to mention about not getting deeds. We changed solicitors, on the 11th hour, we had to make the bankers draft out to the bank and we got our deeds within 6 months but I am not prepared to sit back and see other people suffer.  We also did not pay black money - ok it cost us more in IVA but at least the builder didnt benefit from the cash.

It makes me so angry that this saga is still going on and people are still suffering

Tornado

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 8:03 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Everyone on my urbanisation who did not use Aroca, got their Escaturas. Those that didn't - including me - bought through Atlas/Iberian - used their lawyers Aroca Seiquer and payed cash. A quite unnacceptable state of affairs that Atlas should address immediately. I don't think that they care that they are ruining peoples' lives or they they would have sacked Aroca and used a decent firm of lawyers and got us our Escaturas by now.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2007 5:47 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

NEVER DID GET A SATISFACTORY REPLY FROM JOHN DEARSLEY, EUROPEAN SALES DIRECTOR ATLAS INTERNATIONAL AS TO WHY I STILL HAVE NO ESCATURA. I WONDER WHY?  GUILTY AS CHARGED.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anthony worrall - 0 posts
Transferrable skills.... - 6 posts
Nueva Beach Club - 2 posts
Any residents of Al Andalus Resort here? - 12 posts
Butterfly... - 3 posts
Habitation certificates - 2 posts
Charity Dog Show in Alhaurin El Grande / tomorrow - 0 posts
Every one can help abandoned dogs here in Spain - 8 posts
Connection to water - 2 posts
jennifer, heredades, costa blanca - 1 posts
BECKITTS MARBELLA - 6 posts
Guardia civil ? - 8 posts
Long Term Let wanted - Costa Almeria - 1 posts
FIR TREES - 26 posts
Gardens, Pools, Home Services and Furniture - 7 posts
Information please - 2 posts
Dental Care for kids - 0 posts
Ryanair announces 3 new routes Bristol to France - 1 posts
Bank Of Santander - 1 posts
SHOPPING ADVISE - 7 posts
MARBELLA ILLEGAL LICENCES - 0 posts
Advice from anyone who knows Murcia/Lorca? - 5 posts
UK state Pension - 5 posts
bill & ev marshall (newcastle upon tyne) - 1 posts
SPANISH BANK HOLIDAY - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x